As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
ClearView Christian Reformed Church
Job Description: PDF Long Descripion
Lead Pastor – ClearView Church
A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates for ClearView Christian Reformed Church.A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates for ClearView Christian Reformed Church.
ClearView Christian Reformed Church located in Oakville, Ontario is looking forward to welcoming its next Lead Pastor! Over the past several months the Church staff and Council have been working diligently to prepare for their next leader. They have crafted a plan on how to turn their Vision of “Equipping everyone to take the next steps in following Jesus Christ” into a reality and are now ready to hire their next leader who has the passion andgifts to help them achieve what they believe is a God-given desire to move the ministry forward in a significant way. ClearView is ready to grow and serve!
This enthusiastic, Holy Spirit-filled group is actively seeking a visionary leader who will collaboratively lead them to partner with what God is doing in Oakville. ClearView is seeking a Lead Pastor who is a dynamic preacher and teacher, that can help lead, build, and grow this multicultural and multi-generational Christian Reformed Church in support of its Strategy and Mission.
ClearView Church has been rooted in the rich soil of a passionate immigrant community. However, we are also a congregation that is growing in diversity, with many joining us from several church traditions, as well as from no church background at all. We are also growing in cultural diversity, welcoming people from a variety of back grounds.
LEAD PASTOR PROFILE
- Deeply rooted in prayer; demonstrates reliance on the Holy Spirit.
- Yielded to Jesus, strives for personal spiritual growth and is aware of own brokenness.
- Models how to grow spiritually.
- Exhibits evidence of the fruits of the Spirit.
- Warm personality, emotionally engages with people.
- Resonates with ClearView’s vision and mission.
- Master of Divinity based in Protestant Christian theology with a preference for Christian Reformed.
- Pastoral ministry experience (5+ years) in a mid to large size church context
- Experience in effectively leading and managing a large ministry staff.
- Experience working collaboratively with other ministry leaders.
- Is prayerful in leading Council, staff and congregation.
- Effectively casts vision giving direction for Council, staff and the congregation.
- Exhibits a growth mindset, encourages innovation, and embraces change.
- Has strengths in equipping and empowering staff based on vision and mission.
- Embeds the Bible in everything and is passionate about helping everyone grow closer to Christ.
- Is a dynamic, impactful and inspirational preacher who demonstrates a unique ability to discern, understand and communicate God’s Word.
- Is unapologetic about the urgency of the gospel.
- Demonstrates dependence on the Holy Spirit to inform sermon series.
- Understands Reformed doctrine which is reflected in sermon series.
- Provide dynamic and applicable preaching of God’s Word on Sunday mornings and special services.
- Responsible for preaching, administration of the sacraments and benediction.
- Work with the Director of Discipleship to promote spiritual formation.
- Partner with and provide leadership to elders, deacons and other members providing pastoral care for the sick, elderly, and suffering.
- Provide attentive pastoral care in crisis situations and as requested.
- Be available and accessible to members of the congregation and community using regular church office hours, appointments, visitation and email.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms and provide related pastoral care including premarital counseling.
Administration and Leadership
- Attend and report at Council meetings.
- Lead staff and hold staff meetings on a weekly basis.
- Assist in training elders and deacons.
- Represent ClearView Church at denominational meetings, Classis meetings and meetings of local pastors.
- Perform the duties of Classical and Synodical functions to which you are appointed, subject to Council approval.
- The Lead Pastor reports to the ClearView Church Council. Both are responsible to establish the Strategy/Mission for the Church, and to lead the Church in its accomplishment.
LOCATION: Oakville, ON, Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 29, 2020
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Larry Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our LinkedIn page
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
We welcome & encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request.