As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Development & Marketing - Mercy Canada
Job Description: PDF Long Job Description
Director of Development & Marketing - Mercy Canada
Are you a relational, people‐oriented leader with a track record in donor development and marketing? Mercy Canada is seeking a highly collaborative, competent leader, with experience in donor development, fundraising and marketing. With a track record of working in changing and innovative environments, you will be adept at identifying, planning for and delivering new opportunities to develop and grow our current donor base as we embark on an expansion of our facilities and services.
You will bring a fresh creative marketing perspective to the team that effectively communicates our story and inspires partnerships with like‐minded individuals, churches and other organizations. Most importantly, you will have a passion for helping women find freedom from life‐controlling issues.
As the Director of Development and Marketing, you will work closely with the Executive Director todevelop and support the goals of Mercy Canada and build quality relationships with individuals,businesses and other ministry organizations. Together, you will be responsible for developing andimplementing Mercy Canada’s annual fund development plan, including supporter acquisition andretention. You will be key in developing fundraising strategies to support the purchase of the newproperty and the expansion of the residential program and wellness centre. Additionally, you willmanage our donor information system, plan annual and special events, oversee contracted servicesrelating to events and media, and develop and supervise a team of volunteers.
This position requires an energetic, outgoing individual, who is passionate and aligns with the faith‐based vision of Mercy Canada. They will have exceptional interpersonal skills and strong donor development experience. This individual will be relationship driven, a team player and able to effectively prioritize competing tasks. The right individual will excel in written and verbal communication, creativity and thinking outside of the box.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- An undergrad degree in a relevant field
- 3 – 5 years experience in donor development and marketing
- Experience in successfully securing new donors
- Capital campaign experience is a benefit
- Support the Executive Director in the execution of key priorities and goals
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy based on anticipated revenue needs, encompassing key donors and church partnerships. Provide volunteer program oversight.
- Work with the Community Board to implement key priorities in key development opportunities
- Research opportunities to showcase Mercy Canada in the community to recruit and develop new connections
- Develop fundraising strategies to support the acquisition of new expanded facilities and strategies to provide sustainable support for expanded services
- Manage the database system and provide on going analysis of donors; develop systems to move donors through participation, engagement and ownership process (PEO)
- Oversee, implement and delegate all fundraising on budget, review events and complete an ROI to determine effectiveness
- Communications: Use social media to increase public recognition and support; Create and execute newsletters and e‐blasts to maximize awareness and development opportunities;Write and coordinate direct mail campaigns; Liaise with website consultant to ensure website is optimized and remains up to date; Consult with Mercy Multiplied International as needed to ensure branding consistency
- Deliver strategy, training, and encouragement to the marketing team
LOCATION: Langley, BC, Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 29, 2020
Please note, qualified candidates for this search must be a Canadian resident at the time of application.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential inquiry about this opportunity, or if you would like a copy of our complete Opportunity Profile, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of notfor‐profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply By Date: 29/05/2020