As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Summer Children's Coordinator
Kids On Track Association of Edmonton
Location: 15641-96 Ave
Job Description: PDF Job Flyer
The Summer Children's Coordinator will plan and oversee children's day camps and a weeklong camp for children grades 1-6, by planning and implementing lessons and activities including religious instruction and mentoring in Christian character through a variety of learning activities.
Job Title: Summer Children’s Coordinator - 1 position available
Position: 16 weeks, 40 hours/week
Start date: May 11 (grant dependent)
Location: 15641-96 Ave, Edmonton AB, various sites in West Edmonton
Salary/Wage: $ 17.50/hr
Apply with cover letter and resume. Please include relevant course descriptions, certificates, and volunteer work. Along with all relevant experience, please include any experience working, volunteering, or participating in a faith based organization. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and oversee children’s day camps and a weeklong overnight camp for children grades 1-6
- Plan and implement the lessons and activities including religious instruction and mentoring in Christian character
- Ensure a variety of learning activities including music, drama, art, games, storytelling and sharing times are incorporated
- Plan and oversee a field trip activity for every day of day camps including bookings with facilities, planning a unique and exciting experience for the children at the field trip site, and coordinating transportation to and from the site
- Liaison with the camp staff to plan the overnight camping experience
- Marketing summer program to schools and community agencies
- Responsible for all policy and procedures of Kids On Track and the school sites and ensure their team is following protocol
- Responsible for all administrative support involved including registration, record keeping, basic budgeting
- Assist with training of the summer staff and youth volunteers
- Perform program and personnel evaluations as required
- Reports directly to Program Director and will work with Summer Site Coordinator and Youth Coordinator
- Must be in agreement with the Christian mission of the organization
- Must be an experienced leader, able to direct and instruct others in organizing tasks to be completed
- Must be experienced in leading children with an ability to relate to disadvantaged children and those who are presenting behavioral challenges
- Must have experience planning and implementing Christian faith based lessons, utilizing music, drama, art, games, storytelling and sharing times.
- Must be able to implement learning activities that are age appropriate, utilize experiential learning techniques, linked to practical life applications, and build social competencies.
- Must be able to adhere to the design principles of making sure the program is developmentally appropriate, safe, and welcoming of diversity and uniqueness
- Must have driver’s license and access to own vehicle- (mileage reimbursed)
- Class 5 or Class 2 (Bus license) an asset
- High Five Principals of Healthy Child Development and Quest II certification an asset
- Must have current CPR Level C and First Aid certificate
- Must submit a clear Police Security Check and an Intervention Record Check
- Minimum of 18 years of age and under the age of 30 (grant requirement)
- Must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected persons under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada (grant requirement)
Organization Description: Kids On Track is a community building organization that provides hope, direction, and ongoing support for children, youth, and their parents. Educational, social, spiritual, and recreational elements are combined to deliver well-rounded programs. We cultivate relationships with participants encouraging their faith, character and leadership development, social skills, and lifestyle choices. We strive to support families that have limited opportunities due to various challenges.
Apply By Date: 30/04/2020
Address: 15641-96 Ave