As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Warm Beach Church
Warm Beach Church is a Free-Methodist church located in Stanwood, WA just 30 miles north of Seattle. Warm Beach is led by Lead Pastor Josh Brooks, who has been the lead pastor at the church for the last four years, and Executive Pastor Morgan MacPherson, who has been in this role for the past two and a half years. The church currently has three services offered at 8:30a, 9:45a, and 11:00a. The first service has a traditional worship style and the latter two are identical that offer a modern style of worship. Attendance currently runs around 400 each Sunday for their main worship services. The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision.
Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Recruit and develop worship team members for the WB Worship Ministry.
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Be responsible for planning the worship services in partnership with the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain Planning Center Online.
- Be responsible for assuring that those participating on the worship team are adequately prepared and that the music selected is appropriate.
- Encourage, vision cast, and lead the worship teams.
- Oversee all equipment used by the church and assure everything is kept in good working order.
- Provide oversight for the video, tech, and creative teams.
- Maintain and oversee Creative Arts elements for the church such as keeping the website updated, weekly e-newsletter, etc.
- Attend all staff prayer and meetings when available.
- Passionate follower of Jesus, comfortable talking about what the Lord is doing in their life.
- Warm, infectious love for the church/people, and enjoys being with people.
- Values unity and humility and is motivated to find alignment with the rest of the staff/team and the Board.
- Motivated to build worship teams and develop leaders and doesn’t need to be up-front lead every Sunday.
- Has a pastoral heart and passion for church growth and discipleship.
- Strong vocal ability and preferably guitar or piano skills.
- Can train and troubleshoot on all current and future equipment used for the AVL experience.
Bachelor’s degree required.
At least two years of experience in leading worship full time preferred but not required.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Apply By Date: 30/04/2020