As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
First Baptist Church of Minitonas
Minitonas Manitoba Canada
Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus!
First Baptist Church is a thriving Christian congregation situated in the town of Minitonas, Manitoba. It has an average attendance of 90-100 people. The ratio of adults, seniors, young people and children generally reflects that of our community.
We lay emphasis on “Bible centered” preaching and teaching. Our young people are involved in Christian growth mainly locally but also abroad in the past. There is spiritually based teaching and activity for our children. Our adults participate in leadership, community service and a range of Church ministries. Our motto is, “to know Christ and to make him known.”
The prayer of our congregation is to connect with the man that God has called to serve with us. We are confident to suggest the possibility that you may be that man.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. You would serve under him in consultation with the Deacons and the Board of our church family.
There are ministry gifts that we are hoping you would bring with you. Of first importance is the spirit of being a Pastor Shepherd. As well, an extension of that ministry would involve guidance for us as leaders, to come along side us encouraging us as we lead the ministries of the Church. In short, we would appreciate your experience and leadership in the day by day affairs of our Church Family.
- Senior pastor as chief shepherd – oversee the spiritual welfare, growth and ministry life of the church.
- Preacher/ teacher
- Equipping the church for ministry.
- Oversee the ministries of the church for carrying out God’s purpose and mission of the church.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The senior pastor is accountable to God through prayer and leading by the Holy Spirit, looking to Jesus Christ as Head of the church.
Priorities of pastoral ministry that are important to us are:
- Christ centered corporate worship
- Pastoral care
- Leadership development
- Spiritual growth and discipleship
- Community focused ministries
- A testimony to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- A call to pastoral ministry.
- A love for and knowledge of the scriptures.
- A Christian lifestyle which demonstrates spiritual commitment based on the Bible and empowerment by the Holy Spirit.
- An agreement with the statement of faith of First Baptist Minitonas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred - Master of Divinity
- Minimum of 5 years of ministry experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Resumes can be submitted to First Baptist Church of Minitonas Board in care of Interim Pastor Mel Konkel at
Box 278, Minitonas, Manitoba, R0L 1G0 or email to Church Moderator Carson McKay at email@example.com
Visit us at www.fbcminitonas.ca