As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
North Campus - Metro-Milwaukee, WI
Epikos is a multi-cultural, multi-site church with three locations throughout Metro-Milwaukee, WI. The church is affiliated with the Converge church planting network and denomination.
Epikos is led by Lead Pastor David Tilma, who has been the lead pastor at the church for the last three years. Worship is autonomous at each campus, but is modern in style with slight variances at each campus to fit the culture of the congregation and community. Attendance currently runs around 2,500 each Sunday between the three campuses each Sunday.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Leader to oversee their worship ministry at the North Side campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision.
Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Invite, empower, and train others to be a part of the Worship and Tech team.
- Help worship and tech team members to grow in their love for God through mentoring and caring for them.
- Assist the Worship Pastor in scheduling and implementing services.
- Coordinate and help facilitate worship team auditions.
- Help to develop worship team through quarterly meetings, rehearsals, time spent one on one with those on the worship team, etc.
- Lead worship 45 Sundays per year.
- Assist the worship ministry of Epikos with songwriting if desired.
- Oversee Planning Center Online details for the North Side campus.
- Oversee band and tech on Sunday morning at North Side. Influence song repertoire with Worship Pastor and other worship associates.
- Set up and lead the worship team in rehearsal.
- Transport gear to and from North Side every week (from West Allis location to Barack Obama H.S. and back to West Allis after service).
- Participate in all service planning meetings.
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for church leadership. (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Ministry experience that shows a proven track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress.
- Agree and embrace the vision, values, pathway, leadership distinctive, campus constants, and doctrinal statement of Epikos Church.
- Understand and embrace the culture of Epikos Church.
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to see and implement the steps that it takes to get from here to there.
- Self-motivated, without the need for micromanagement, and team-oriented.
- Able to play and lead from keys prefered but not required.
- Excellent vocal and musical ability, with a passion for Gospel-style worship.
- A love for multi-ethnic and biblically diverse worship services.
No formal college degree required.
At least two years of experience in leading worship teams preferred but not required.
Reports to: Worship Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/epikosnorth
Apply By Date: 01/03/2020