As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Children's Ministry Coordinator
First Baptist Church
Peace River, Alberta
Job Description: PDF Job Flyer
Helping children become strong Christ Followers through children and family programming on a weekly basis. See detailed job description for more information.
General Position Description:
First Baptist Church is a dynamic Christian church characterized by Biblical preaching, teaching
and a strong mission emphasis.
Our congregation is a diverse group of people from many different backgrounds displaying
many unique gifts and talents. We believe our main purpose is to make disciples of Christ
through worship, prayer and teaching.
We have many young families present in our church family. Our programs to support them
include Sunday School, in service teaching (Wee Worship), AWANA, yearly VBS, Youth Group,
and special family events.
Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree a benefit
- Experience working with children
- Experience team leading or volunteer coordinating
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highly organized
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Healthy conflict resolution
- Self motivated
- Create a long term plan that encompasses all Children’s Ministries to ensure children are receiving a comprehensive Christian education that includes life applicable, relevant lessons based upon Biblical knowledge.
- Coordinate volunteers and curriculum for Sunday School, AWANA, Wee Worship, VBS
- Plan special events to promote family connectedness in our church body including but not limited to: Church Family Picnic, Ministry Fair, Christmas Pageant
- Children’s Moments during the weekly service
- Build relationships with children and parents in our church family
- Identify Spiritual giftings in children
- Help children transition into roles of service in the church as early as they are ready
- Ensure a safe environment by vetting volunteers, using check-in/out procedures and following Plan to Protect guidelines
- Maintain Kids Corner activities
- Support parents, the primary spiritual guides of their children, through Bible studies, special events, and promotion of relevant church resources
- Make monthly reports to Church Council and Board of Elders
- Attend staff meetings and Council meetings
- Schedule volunteers for teaching, helping, toy cleaning, running check-in/out and any other positions required
- Prepare all supplies required for weekly teaching
- Improve your methods through research and mentorship
Remuneration to be determined based on experience and education.
-To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions please call the church at 780-624-2611 (Monday- Friday, 9:00-1:00).
Address: 8602 98 Street
Peace River, AB T8S 1G4