As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Park Hills Church
Park Hills Church is an Evangelical Free church located in the town of Freeport, IL, about 30 miles from Rockford, IL. The church is led by Senior Pastor Mark Balmer who became the lead pastor about 12 years ago, and has been serving at the church for 22 years. The church currently has two Sunday morning services at 8:45am and 10:30am, and then a Monday evening service at 6:30pm.
The first service offers a traditional style, second service offers a contemporary style, and the third service is an acoustic style in the youth chapel. Attendance currently runs around 625 each Sunday for their worship services. The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to lead their worship ministry for their modern service. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture.
Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our teams of volunteer leaders:
- Are committed to assisting in leading and song selection (including new music)
- Commit themselves to a lifestyle covenant Are faithful, teachable and ready to be led
Our services are:
- Categorized by worship style (Traditional/Contemporary/Acoustic)
- Often age-specified, so sound and song goals must be filtered through this matrix
- 35 hour work week minimum (flexibility possible for weekend “gigs” etc)
- If an individual has multiple pastoral skills, employment could become 45+ hours
Previous pastoral/intern experience
- Experience in running and developing teams
- All attributes of elder/pastoral ministry (1 Tim 3, Titus 1) adhered to and lived by
- Ability to function administratively in a mid-sized church (with church goals for expansion)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The leader of this ministry:
- Must be a faithful follower of Jesus
- Must be devoted to making disciples in worship teams
- Must be committed to the idea of developing teams and “sending” them as needed
- Must have ability to lead and develop instrumentalists, vocalists and congregation members in musical worship (proficient in at least one instrument and vocally)
- Must be able to serve multiple age groups and generations with musical proficiency/song selection
- Must be task-oriented to help guide services at least one month in advance (not scrambling week-to-week)
Park Hills Church is committed to making disciples that honor God, focus on His Word and create a culture that leads to lifestyle change as one follows the Spirit’s leading in daily decisions. Therefore, our mission to create disciples that are Knowing, Loving, Following Jesus Together needs to be the overarching goal of each ministry. In this, we believe our disciples are to Love God and His Word, Love Others, Depend on Prayer and the Holy Spirit, Live a Life that Bears Fruit and Live a Lifestyle of Worship. Worship ministries desires to guide people in services that honor God and life Him up, connect into the goals of our study of the Word as well as provide space for the Holy Spirit to lead and guide His people, the church.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/parkhills
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply By Date: 01/03/2020
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 6145513989