As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Full-Time Interim English Ministry Pastor
North Shore Pacific Grace MB Church
We are looking for a warm, self-motivated, community-minded Interim Pastor to fill in for a maternity leave position. If you love Christ, and love His church, prayerfully consider joining us.
Term: 17 months (February 2020 - July 2021)
Objective: To present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to the congregation and to encourage them in their spiritual growth through worship, prayer, and relationship.
Scope of Responsibility: Will be determined through a combination of candidate’s gifting and community need.
- Support the church's ministries, committees, deacon board, pastors, staff, and other groups.
- Preach, lead the Sunday service, and provide a teaching ministry that will lead to the spiritual growth of the members and awaken them to an active outreach to their neighbors in evangelism.
- Administer baptism and communion, and conduct funerals, and weddings of members.
- Provide leadership, teaching, oversight and support in Sunday services, praise teams, Sunday school, fellowships (youth, college and young adults), small groups, nursery/toddler care, stewardship, hospitality, missions, outreach, retreats, and special events.
- Develop relationships with the youths and young adults, parents, and volunteer staff through individual and group contact, e-mail, and phone.
- Disciple and attend meetings with various leadership teams.
- Teach baptism and new believers classes and plan for baptism services.
- Prepare bulletins and administrative tasks, including overseeing the library, website, and social media sites.
- Maintain personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ, and God’s work in the world.
- Ability to work effectively with mainly youths and young adults, exhibiting understanding and patience.
- Completed formal theological training at either the Bachelor or Masters level, however candidates will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience as a called pastor and/or interim pastor.
- Outside of formal education, we may also look for a combination of Character (has a high degree of self-awareness and integrity, and is also reliable, authentic, and demonstrates a strong work ethic), Competence (motivated to learn and develop new skills.), and Chemistry (is team-oriented and has strong interpersonal and communication skills).
40 hours of work per week including regular involvement on Sundays and fellowship days. Terms and duration of this contract are negotiated based on qualifications, experience, and capacity. Any dates when the interim pastor would be unavailable should be discussed prior to the start date so that they can be factored into the internship plan.
- Salary, paid twice a month, starting at $21/hour
- Medical benefits and Life Insurance through Great West Life provider
Apply By Date: 31/12/2019