As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church
Children’s Minister (P/T) – Starts January, 2020
To Apply (Deadline for application November 17, 2019): Job Flyer PDF
Submit a current CV/Resume and cover letter outlining how you see yourself as a fit for this ministry, via email to St. John’s at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see full ministry position description, available on our parish website.
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church (SJE) is an active church of around 320 families, located in the Lendrum area of Edmonton. Ministry to children and their families is an important part of the vision of our parish. SJE is seeking to hire a part-time Children’s Minister, to serve as part of our pastoral staff.
It is expected that the Children’s Minister will work 18-20 hours per week (INCLUDING SUNDAY MORNINGS), being responsible for
- the planning, administration, and leadership of worship, lessons, and activities for children (approx. 60, with an average Sunday attendance of 35, grades 1-6), over a full calendar year.
- serving as a part of the larger pastoral team at SJE, including staff meetings, parish planning.
Values and characteristics that are critical to both the role and individual:
- Willing to understand and work within the Anglican Sacramental Tradition
- Nurtures a vibrant and deepening personal faith
- Values the personhood, potential, and spirituality of children
- Comfortable and competent in leading activities, lessons, conversations with a wide range of children, both in large groups and smaller
- Creative and flexible
- Organized and prepared to take responsibility for area of ministry, and ministry tasks'
- Comfortable and willing to work as part of a larger pastoral team, including oversight, direction, and support from parish leadership
- Values and nurtures the contribution of volunteers
- Communicates well
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Be skilled at facilitating and creating safe and welcoming space for children of different needs
- Be able to manage volunteer resources, including recruitment and delegation of tasks
- Be comfortable and proficient with office and presentation technology
- Successfully pass security record checks
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or progress towards one, OR significant prior experience in similar position
- Minimum two years’ experience providing children’s ministry/education (formal or volunteer)Teaching experience preferred