As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Bethany Chapel of Calgary
Website : www.bethanychapel.com/employment
Job Description: Job Ad. Flyer
Part-time / Full-time:
Bethany is seeking a Worship Director. This position is guaranteed part-time (24 hours per week) with consideration for full time hours if the successful candidate assumes other leadership roles in keeping with their gifts and abilities.
Summary of Duties - The Worship Director will:
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor to provide consistent direction and implementation of common goals for worship ministry.
- In cooperation with other pastors and leaders, provide leadership of worship services and events including encouraging congregants to desire worship in their daily lives.
- Oversee all team members supporting Sunday worship ministries.
- Help recruit and train volunteers to grow in their abilities with a focus on equipping some to take on leadership roles.
- The Executive Pastor
- Demonstrate Christ-like character in all situations.
- Committed to God’s continuing work in their personal life and actively models it to others.
- Be kingdom-focused by placing all priority on drawing people closer to the heart of God through song, prayer and the truth of the Scriptures.
- Strong and clear communicator with a self-starting leadership attitude.
- Strong relational capabilities with volunteers and staff of all ages.
- Appropriate educational, leadership and hand-on ministry experience.
- Adhere to the staff role at Bethany Chapel as outlined in its policies and procedures manual, including regular attendance a weekly staff meetings and adherence to Bethany Chapel’s Code of Conduct for Pastors and Leaders.
- Accepts Bethany Chapel’s Statement of Faith without reservation
Worship Director: (90%)
The Worship Director will be responsible for all aspects of worship at the main service of Bethany Chapel. They will:
- Understand and desire to grow our church by creatively leading worship in the context of our overall purpose.
- Regularly vocalize and express the goal of worship to a multi-generational church by honouring the past, celebrating the present and drawing them toward future forms of worship.
- Maintain a prayerful and Spirit-led attitude pre-service, in-service and during post-service review, always fueled by God’s love and unity for the church
- Plan and lead weekly practice sessions for the teams, helping all prepare for musical proficiency and excellence.
- Provide direction and development of administrative staff and volunteers in the worship ministry, and pastorally care for them
- Provide leadership by practically modeling worship and by coaching and developing others who show potential as worship team leaders.
- Recruit, teach and train worship team participants toward spiritual maturity, relational integrity and musical strength, while ensuring they feel welcomed, resourced, challenged, inspired, loved, led, appreciated, valued and equipped.
- Engage in ongoing professional development to enhance worship ministry within the church.
- Direct, train and oversee: audio, visual and video technicians, sanctuary prayer teams, sermonrecordings and podcasts.
- Provide resources for weddings and funerals.
- Provide oversight for people who serve as our FIT - First Impression Team - Ushers, Greeters, Information Desk personnel, Coffee Connection team and Foyer Connectors.
Other Duties: (10%)
- Regularly review content of Bethany’s social media and website on all aspects related to worship ministry.
- Provide personal care through visitation and prayer for team members experiencing need.
- Salary in accordance with Bethany Chapel Policy
- Benefits package in accordance with our policies including dental, medical, insurance, short andlong term disability, RRSP matching, Health Care Spending Account and vacation
- Continued educational and resource support
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Executive Pastor | Bethany Chapel
Apply By Date: : 15/11/2019
Address: 3333 Richardson Way SW
Calgary, AB T3E 7B6