As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Kids In Action / Youth In Action
Hope Mission Centre (Red Deer)
Job Title: Youth Worker
Based at: Hope Mission Centre (Red Deer)
Reports to: Program Manager
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (must be available to work evenings & weekends)
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors
would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent
in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Kids In Action / Youth In Action:
Serving and uplifting children and youth through activity, character development, connection and healthy food since 1994.
As a Youth Worker in our Kids In Action program you will help facilitate personal, social, spiritual and physical growth in children primarily in grades 1-6 through supportive mentoring relationships and providing quality active after-school programming. Kids In Action Programs run out of school gymnasiums Monday-Friday with occasional special events on weekends. Youth In Action programs run primarily for youth in grades 6-8.
All members of the Red Deer team spend a minimum of 2 weeks of the summer as staff at our overnight camp near Calgary, Camp Hope.
Shifts are typically Monday – Friday from 10am-6pm. As we provide programming and services in the after-school hours, all staff must be available to work evenings and Saturdays.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the operation of Hope Mission’s after-school Kids in Action program in several schools
- Develop supportive mentoring relationships with children
- Build rapport with families, schools and community partners
- Plan, prepare and implement active and emotionally supportive programs & events for children
- Ensure safety of children and promote positive relationships and choices during program times
- Responsible for entering & filing registration forms, and documentation of critical incidents
- Responsible for set up and clean-up of program space
- Responsible for creating and running skits, physically active games, biblical devotions and music for children
- Provide and serve snacks and meals for children & youth
- Other related tasks and duties as required
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Completion of high school
- Degree or Diploma in Youth Work, Child & Youth Care, or related education an asset
- Experience working with children and youth in an after school setting
- Effective communication, de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run, and play active sports & games with children
- Full Class 5 Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid and Belay certification not required but an asset
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
How to Apply