As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Pastor of Family and Youth Ministries
First Baptist Church Nanaimo
Job Description: - more information on Job Document PDF
We are looking for an individual to provide vision and oversight for our family ministries (0-18 years). Ideally, the individual will exude a passion for the community and possess the ability to relate across generations. They must demonstrate a healthy, growing relationship with God.
We are a growing congregation of approximately 500 located in Nanaimo, BC. Our congregation is multi-generational and has been in existence almost as long as the city. Our building is located in an area of town with great needs and potential as the town has grown around it. We are blessed with a children’s ministry bursting at the seams, and a healthy youth ministry that will benefit from strong leadership with huge potential for growth.
The successful individual will be hands on in ministry and also provide vision, organization and will empower a large team of volunteers. The role includes vision casting, communication, leadership recruitment and training, strategic planning, community outreach, administration and other pastoral duties.
● A Christ-like character with healthy boundaries and self-care
● Regular practice of spiritual disciplines and a healthy prayer life
● Strong relationship skills
● Proven leadership abilities
● Ability to communicate with children and youth
● Effectively assist families in raising the next generation
● Respected reputation both within and outside the church
● Post Secondary degree in Biblical Studies or related education
● Full agreeance with our beliefs ( https://fbcnanaimo.ca/our-beliefs )
● The ability to be licenced with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
● 5+ Years of Children, Youth and/or Family Ministry Experience
● Strong understanding of administration and systems in relation to vision
● Proven ability to implement broader church vision independently
● Experience and record of equipping leaders and working with teams
● Familiar and comfortable with technology (Church Management, Sign In, etc.)
Email : email@example.com