As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Part-time Church Music Director
Millwoods Community Church, a Protestant Moravian denomination located in southeast Millwoods (2304 - 38 St.), is looking for an experienced musician and vocal conductor to fill a part-time role of an overall Music Director. The Music Director will work closely with the pastor, staff, and volunteer musicians to plan, rehearse, and lead music for worship services.
Areas of Responsibility
*Note: We want to be flexible in offering this position so will work with the candidate in adjusting this job description and setting of work days/hours.
- Coordinate music for worship services and other events
- Accompany congregational songs and hymns two Sundays / month
- Lead Praise Band - select contemporary praise songs, rehearse with volunteer musicians, and lead songs at 2-3 worship services / month
- Director Adult Choir – select music, lead weekly rehearsals (fall through spring) and schedule performances generally once/month
- Musical training and experience, including proficient skills on a piano or organ and choral conducting
- Strong communication, team building, and organizational skills
- Respect for and a willingness to learn the doctrine and practice of the Moravian Church in Canada.
Salary Range: $800-$1200 / month, depending on education, experience and responsibilities agreed upon
Estimated time requirement: 7-10 hours/week
To Apply: Please provide a current resume including two personal references and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact Pastor Aaron Linville @ 780-862-9453