As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Zion Baptist Community Church
Job Description: See attached job description for more information.
The church office is a place that provides service, support and information to church leaders, the congregation and the surrounding community. The Ministry Assistant and Administrative Assistant work in complementary roles and are responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the pastors and ministries of the church. This person will be primarily tasked with supporting ministry programs and activities across all levels of the church, with a special focus on providing administrative reinforcement to the staff and volunteer leadership of student ministries (children & youth), including organizational oversight of Plan to Protect™ policy.
This includes, but is not limited to:This includes, but is not limited to:
- Regular, proactive communication with the volunteer leaders of ZBCC’s children and youth ministries to determine administrative needs and offering support whenever possible.
- Providing administrative support and preparatory work for weekly ministry programs and special events to children and youth.
- Plan to Protect™ support and maintenance, including volunteer screening and records management.
- Performing routine secretarial office duties in coordination with the Administrative Assistant, professionally responding to telephone, electronic and walk-in inquiries (Wednesday & Friday), and helping to manage essential administrative tasks when staff are away (e.g. vacation).
- Other duties as required managed in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and electronic).
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships, solving problems in a positive manner and making appropriate decisions independently.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize, track and complete multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Relevant skills including word processing, spreadsheets and graphic design.
- Proficiency in both PC and Mac platforms, and knowledge of standard office equipment are assets.
- Previous experience with Plan to Protect™ or similar child protection policies for churches is an asset.
- To be a follower of Jesus, continually striving for a vibrant relationship with him, and able to affirm ZBCC’s Statement of Beliefs (http://www.zbcc.ca/who-we-are/what-we-believe/)
- Overall accountability to the Senior Pastor.
- Daily operations overseen by the Associate Pastor: Equipping & Discipling.
Terms of Employment:
- Part-time position (16-20 hours weekly) paid on an hourly wage commensurate with experience.
- Regular office hours (9am-3pm) expected on Wednesday & Friday, with the option to fulfill the additional4-8 required hours per week from the office or offsite.
- Contract position ending on December 31, 2020, with possible extension.
To apply, please send resume (with references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By Date: 04/10/2019
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 780-433-8756
Address : 9802 - 76 Ave