As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Children's Ministry
Lacombe First Baptist Church
Job Description: PDF Flyer Description
General Position Description
The focus of this part time position is the oversight and shepherding of children’s ministries within the church. The basic foundation of the position is to fulfill the mission of making disciples of Christ.
The Director’s primary ministry will be with children at LFBC, ministering to children from birth through Grade 6 and developing leaders who will assist in making disciples of Christ.
- Ministry to Children and Families
- Direct children’s ministry on a week to week basis through Kidspot on Sunday mornings
- Provide support and counsel to families on spiritual matters
- Evaluate and further develop the current ministry to children in relation to making disciples of Christ
- Developing Leaders
- Recruitment, equipping and encouragement of ministry team members (volunteers)
- Training of team members for working with children in a ministry setting
- Ministry Administration
- Develop and maintain best practices policies (volunteer screening, etc.) for working with children in the church
- Help to develop and manage the budget relating to ministry with children
- Participate in staff meetings.
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is also invited to provide a written or in-person report to the Ministry Management Board at their monthly meetings. For reasons of time and practicality, this task is not completed every month but serves as an offer of open communication between the board and the staff member.
- Review and order curriculum and ministry supplies
- Communicate with parents and volunteers.
- Create and maintain volunteer schedules, database of family registrations and Kidspot attendance records.
- Maintain relationships with Compassion Sponsor children
- The candidate must be a disciple of Jesus Christ; trusting in Christ for the forgiveness of sins, having undergone baptism, and bearing fruit by keeping in step with the Holy Spirit.
- The candidate should be able to articulate and describe their calling into ministry and how they have seen God verify this calling in their lives. The candidate should be willing to become a part of the congregation at Lacombe First Baptist Church, if they are not already.
- Any relevant education will be considered an asset for the candidate.
- The candidate should have a grounded understanding of the Church’s responsibility to communicate the gospel and make disciples of Christ.
- At minimum the candidate should have experience serving as a volunteer in a church ministry setting.
- The candidate should be able to express how the Holy Spirit has gifted them for ministry.
- The candidate should also be able to describe their philosophy of ministry; specifically ministry that serves children and families.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign Lacombe First Baptist Churches’ Statement of Faith, and Lifestyle Agreement. A police Criminal Record Check will also be required.
Hours per Week
Part Time – 15-20 Hours per Week
$16 – 20 / hour (dependent on education and experience)
For More Information Contact
All inquiries and applications can be directed to the search committee care of Pastor Rob Klingbeil at email@example.com.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 5876790112
Address : 5111 - 60 Street Close