As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Community and Ministry Coordinator
Windsor Christian Fellowship
Job Description: PDF Description
Do you have a passion for connecting with people and fostering strong relationships? Do you desire to use your communication skills to help build and strengthen an atmosphere of harmony and unity within the church?
Windsor Christian Fellowship (“WCF”) is a non-denominational church that seeks to win the generations to Christ, connect them to His Master plan and grow the Kingdom of God. At WCF, we strive to create a joyful and welcoming atmosphere for everyone: from first time guests to long-time congregants.
The Community and Ministry Coordinator is an integral part of the team and plays a key role in overseeing and championing the atmosphere experienced by all guests and congregants of Windsor Christian Fellowship by setting the communications strategy, leveraging the appropriate assets, tools and resources. Working collaboratively with and establishing lines of communication amongst the Pastoral Team, Administrative Staff, Ministry Leaders and Volunteers, this dynamic role oversees all touch points of the congregation’s on-premise experience.
This role will also provide creative, flexible, and effective leadership to help administrate and establish best practice work-flow through functions such as: Volunteer Management & Training, Implementation and Management of Processes.
Windsor Christian Fellowship seeks a Community and Ministry Coordinator with experience in mobilizing and managing a dedicated team of Volunteers as well as establishing internal communications processes.
Due to the nature of this position, which has a leadership component directed towards advancing Windsor Christian Fellowship’s mission, services, values, and Worship, it is essential that the successful candidate:
- Be able to assist in advancing the mission of Windsor Christian Fellowship by communicating in Christ-like manner with personal integrity and professionalism;
- Support the work and Mission of Windsor Christian Fellowship; and
- Is experientially familiar with and sensitive to the Christian ideology that underpins all of Windsor Christian Fellowship’s actions and Mission
Description and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Lead Pastor, The Community and Ministry Coordinator will oversee the following areas, as well as provide administrative support to assigned Ministry Leads and staff:
Volunteer Engagement and Service Planning
- Establishes volunteer management best-practices
- Works collaboratively with staff and Ministry Team Leaders to determine the service flow and creative visuals required
- Strives to foster a nurturing environment that promotes community engagement and congregation participation
- Ensures all digital and printed graphics are placed and posted in timely fashion in pre-designated areas.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings with Ministry Team leaders, providing guidance and support to ensure the specific needs and objectives of all assigned ministries are consistently accomplished.
- Continually strives to find efficiencies to improve training and communication amongst various ministries and volunteers
- Provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor and serves as a liaison between various departments, helping to ensure effective communication, resources and training across cross-functional teams
- Foster strong relationships with and provide guidance and support in the development of ministerial growth plans
Communications and Administration
- Develops, prepares, and submits periodic and ad hoc requested reports and ministry evaluations/proposals in a timely manner
- Leads the development of best practice processes for all administration support functions
- Provides administrative support to the event planning team when required
- Volunteer management leadership experience
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrates supervisory/leadership skills and initiative (as required) to organize, direct, and administer a variety of tasks
- Sound interpersonal, problem-solving and oral/written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Suite and Excel)
- Possesses a heart for the local church and sensitivity to the emotional and spiritual needs of team and congregation
- Ability to lead others and work as a team player
- Commitment to advancing Windsor Christian Fellowship’s Mission
- Pastoral training/experience an asset
- A desire to honour God with your gifts
- A firm understanding that you’re are a part of impacting lives and helping people connect with the body of believers at WCF and their Creator
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Adept at creative problem solving
- Ability to communicate, with personal conviction, the spiritual foundation of the organization through various means
Hours and Compensation
- Full Time: 40 hours per week on average. Flexible Days, evenings and weekends.
- Compensation: Competitive Benefits Package with compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s educational background and experience.
Windsor Christian Fellowship is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please contact us at 519-972-5977 ext. 0 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone in advance for their interest and applications, but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply By Date: : 01/10/2019
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 519-972-5977 ext. 0
Address : Windsor Christian Fellowship
4490 7th Concession,
Windsor, ON N9A 6J3