As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Children's Ministries at West Meadows
CHURCH HISTORY PDF of Position Profile
Our church had its beginnings in 1962 with the start of a Sunday School. In 1963, the congregation formally organized as Meadowlark Baptist Church in the west end of Edmonton. God blessed our ministry through the years and in 1993 the congregation relocated furtherwest alongside the Anthony Henday Drive under the new name West Meadows Baptist Church. Our past is the story of godly pastors and people who laboured to bring the gospel message to our community and world. We praise the Lord for our biblical heritage and the dedicated people who planted and established our congregation. We are one of 400 churches associatedwith the North American Baptist Conference.
You can find us online at: www.westmeadows.org
WHY DO WE EXIST?
To invite people to experience a life that’s better with Jesus by living out His grace, truth, and love.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
• Counter-Cultural Love
• Heartfelt Hospitality
• Encountering Jesus
• Vibrant Faith
• Empowering People
• Strengthening Communities
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible to develop and oversee programs, activities,and discipling opportunities for children (infant – 6th grade) in order that they may become committed lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. The vision for this role also includes engaging and resourcing parents to fulfill their role as the spiritual leaders in their homes.
• Vision, strategy, and implementation of a Sunday morning program for children nursery – 6th grade.
• Sustain a team environment where lay leaders are regularly recruited,trained, and encouraged.
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families into West Meadows community.
• Develop and implement a week-long summer day camp ministry for children in our worshipping and surrounding communities.
• Assist the ministry team in planning and running outreach events into our surrounding community.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with some Bible/Theology is preferred.
• Previous leadership experience in a children’s ministry setting.
• Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style with volunteer staff.
• Passion for ministry to children andseeing both parents and children growin their faith.
• Minimum of 20 hours per week.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• No relocation stipend available for this position.
Please prayerfully submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and provided with a complete job description