As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Kids Ministry Coordinator
Location: Central | Connors Hill Site
Status: 30-40 hours per week (negotiable)
Temporary position beginning mid-July 2019 and extending potentially through Spring 2020
Job Definition PDF Flyer
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the spiritual development of children to help us through a season of transition as we search for a long-term replacement to fill this key role within our Central Kids (CK) staff team. In stepping into this role of Interim Connors Hill Kids Ministry Coordinator, you would assume leadership of Central Kids at our Connors Hill site.You would work within a leadership team to foster relationships with children, their parents, and volunteers; to develop and implement a creative strategy for the spiritual development of the children at Central; and to intentionally come along side families with love, encouragement, and resources as they seek to follow Jesus together. As a member of Central’s Emerging Generations Team (EGM), you would also contribute to wider Central Kids and EGM events and programs. Our desire is to see children not only develop a knowledge of Jesus and the Bible, but to experience personal encounters with the presence of the living God. We also desire to always be looking for strategic ways to partner with families as they seek to be the primary disciplers in their children’s lives.
• Implementation of CK Sunday morning programs at our Connors Hill site.
• Ensuring that everything is prepared for the lessons and activities.
• Ensuring volunteers are equipped and empowered to fulfill their roles.
• Bringing creative ideas to the way curriculum is presented.
• Supporting and participating in other CK and EGM activities.
• Developing supportive relationships with children and their parents.
• Resourcing and encouraging parents in their role as the primary disciplers of their children.
• Serving as an advocate for children’s ministry within the broader church family.
• Planning, organizing, and communicating schedules with those involved.
• Using and updating registration information on our church management system.
• Employing a range of tools to complete administrative and communication tasks (e.g. Excel, MailChimp, email, Facebook,our church management system).
• Maintaining all documentation required by our Plan To Protect® policies.
• Sharing in the recruiting, training and development of current and new volunteers.
• Training, empowering, and encouraging volunteers working in CK.
• Ensuring that each volunteer completes the training and paperwork required by our Plan To Protect® policies.
• Meeting with key volunteers for encouragement, training, and vision casting.
• Pursuing relationships and GROUP involvement for personal accountability.
• Attending weekly staff meetings (Wednesday afternoons).
• Meeting on a regular basis with your supervisor.
• Growing in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Loyal, faithful, honest, teachable, humble, and approachable.
• A team player who possesses the ability to work well in a multi-staff setting.
• Significant experience in kids ministry or working with children.
• An effective communicator to parents and volunteers.
• Able to provide leadership to others within a ministry.
• Approaches kids ministry programming with creativity.
• A proven track record in recruiting and working with volunteers.
• Trained in and supportive of our Plan To Protect® child protection policies.
• Willing to affirm Central’s Statement of Beliefs.
If you have any questions or would like to submit a resume please email the church office.
Review of applications will begin immediately.