As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Families
Rowandale Baptist Church
Website : https://www.rowandale.ca/
Job Description :
To support, encourage, and equip the parents of our church in the discipleship of their children and teens, and to provide leadership and oversight for our youth and children’s ministries.
- Have a credible profession of faith and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to the Word of God and prayer, both in personal life and pastoral ministry.
- Demonstrate the qualities of an overseer (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
- Be able and willing to afﬁrm the Rowandale Statement of Beliefs and Membership Covenant.
- Have relevant work experience in a church or other Christian ministry.
- Have effective communication skills, humility, and patience in working with others.
- Have ministry-appropriate education at an undergraduate or graduate level.
- Be committed to ongoing personal growth through reading, study, conferences, etc.
- Enjoy building relationships with and ministering to parents, their children, and teens.
Youth Ministry (60%): Middle School (Grades 6-8) and High School (Grades 9-12).
- Provide direction, oversight, and biblical teaching for our youth ministry with the goal of making disciples of Christ.
- Attend, plan, oversee, and teach at weekly youth events.
- Teach one of the youth classes on Sundays and/or oversee those presently teaching the class.
- Ensure all youth curriculum is theologically sound, gospel-centered, engaging, and age-appropriate.
- Recruit, train, and oversee adult leaders who serve as teachers and mentors to youth.
- Provide opportunities for teens to serve and share their faith with others.
- Build relationships with youth and their parents in order to support them in the discipleship of their teens.
- Provide support and resources for parents to teach their teens and have family worship at home.
Children’s Ministry (25%): Sunday School, Nursery, Junior Church, and Summer Kid’s Club.
- Provide pastoral oversight and direction for the Sunday morning Children’s ministry team including Sunday School superintendents, Sunday School teachers, Junior Church and Nursery workers.
- Ensure all Children’s curriculum is theologically sound, gospel-centered, engaging, and age-appropriate.
- Work with our Children’s and Youth Ministry Coordinator to update, revise, clarify or streamline our Child-Protection Policies and Procedures as necessary.
- Plan, lead, and recruit volunteers for our week-long Summer Kid’s Club.
- Provide support and resources for parents to teach their children and have family worship at home.
Other Responsibilities (15%):
- Share Sunday morning platform duties as assigned (pastoral prayer, announcements, service leading).
- Occasionally preach and/or teach in Sunday worship services and in the church at large.
- Support the North American Baptist Conference and the Manitoba Baptist Association, attending its monthly pastors’ gathering and Annual General Meeting.
- Perform other duties as required in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Attend and participates in monthly church Council meetings, quarterly members’ meetings, scheduled prayer meetings, and other church-wide events.
Directly accountable to the Lead Pastor, and, through him, to the Church Council.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Health and Dental Insurance Plan is made available as well as a generous Professional Development allowance.
Apply By Date: : 31/07/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 2043381174
Address : 162 Rowandale Ave.