As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Correctional Chaplain to Juveniles
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
Website : http://www.goodnewsjail.org
Job Description :
The Chaplain is responsible for providing comprehensive Christian pastoral ministry to the residents and staff of the correctional facility; provide other services to Tinmates, staff, public officials, and the community that will enhance the overall ministry.
General day to day job duties include the following:
- Provide comprehensive Christian chaplaincy services to inmates and staff: counseling, conducting/scheduling Christian worship services, Bible studies and arranging clergy visits, distributing literature and performing other pastoral and ministerial functions as appropriate.
- Facilitate access and ministry of religious volunteers for all faith traditions recognized by the facility.
- Handle emergency and death notifications among inmates and their families.
- Encourage and counsel inmates, correctional officers, and other facility staff.
- Recruit, supervise and train religious volunteers.
- Promote the visibility of the ministry in the community through jail tours and presentations to individuals, community groups and local churches.
- Fulfill administrative requirements of the facility and our ministry.
- Generate and file computer reports using a variety of software applications.
- Work with the local community (churches, individuals, organizations, businesses) to develop partnership support for the ministry.
Apply By Date: 07/08/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 402-980-8126
Address : 10634 Bondesson Circle
Omaha, NE 68122