As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Church Office Manager
Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church
51 Woodlands Road, St.Albert, Alberta
Website : https://www.svbc.ab.ca/
Job Description : Job Description PDF
Ministry/Administrative role in a growing NABC church.
Salary Range: 19.50 – 38.00 per hour (reflective of experience and responsibilities)
Classification: Permanent Full Time (approximately 32 hours per week)
Who We Are:
Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church is a multi-generational congregation with Sunday attendance of approximately 300 people. We are a family of believers dedicated to glorifying God by making Disciples of Jesus Christ at home and internationally. We believe our culture depicts a caring and loving environment where people find a place to belong, as they build a personal relationship with Christ and the people they minister with. Our mission is to make disciples and our vision 2025 is focused on evangelism. We are excited to see where God leads us on our journey as we continue to look for His guidance, wisdom and blessing on this ministry. All our staff are cherished as we come together to serve and realize His purpose for our Church and each of us personally.
The SVBC Office Manager will possess strong leadership, communication and overall management skills. They will have experience leading and developing people in an office environment with the ability to proactively identify opportunities for operational efficiencies to enhance the ministry of the Church. They can operate with minimal supervision with full accountability to ensure identified tasks are completed as required by themselves, staff and volunteers. They work well in a team environment with both direct reports and as a participating team member to achieve administrative and ministry goals. They have experience working with office, ministry and overall church budgets with the ability to reconcile financial and administrative documents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direction and supervision for administrative staff and others as directed by church leadership.
- Source and contract third party contractors such as janitorial, maintenance, deaf ministry and other as required.
- Source and administer third party contract for service, software, equipment and other
- Creation of ongoing written communication for distribution to congregation and ministry coordinators as required.
- Work with Ministry Coordinators in the creation of ministry goals, associated budget and monthly touch point.
- Work with appropriate parties to enhance website and adoption as a single source of information for activities and resources pertaining to ministry activity.
- Creation or modification of policies and operational procedures as required for review by leadership.
- Preform periodic but also regular evaluations of operational procedures, ministry tasks and communication strategies and make recommendations for change and improvement to church leadership where needed.
- Be the liaison for outside user-groups wishing to use our facilities.
- Ensure facility scheduling is conducted in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Work with Staff to support Ministry Coordinators in the execution of ministry tasks.
- Work with Bookkeeper and Financial Secretary to maintain clear communication and understanding budget status.
- Oversee coverage and coordination of staff in collaboration with Senior Pastor.
- Conduct annual personnel performance reviews of Receptionist and Office Admin and document discussions with the goal of encouragement, reinforcement and development of staff.
- Develop and make recommendations on methods and systems for the accurate and comprehensive storage of all SVBC records.
- Proactively identify business process improvements and implement in collaboration with Senior Pastor as appropriate.
- Prepare staff meeting agenda and facilitate as directed.
- Work with Senior Pastor and leadership on the execution of the SVBC vision and objectives.
- Minister to staff, congregation and walk-ins as required and appropriate
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Office Manager would be preferred
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with MS Office applications
- Experience supervising staff as direct reports
- Preference to applicants with a post-secondary education
- Experience in financial management would be considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Ability to continuously re-prioritize and handle constant interruptions
- Strong personnel management skills combined with an approachable character.
Applications can be sent to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to the address listed below attention Pastor Tom Anderst - CONFIDENTIAL
This position will remain open until filled. Current intent is to have the posting active until June 30, 2019.
Apply By Date: : 28/06/2019
Email : email@example.com
Address : Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church
51 Woodlands Road