As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary Baptist Church in Killarney, Manitoba is currently seeking a pastor to lead us as a congregation in spiritual growth, ministry and outreach. This vacancy is the result of our former pastor following God’s leading from his effective and productive ministry with us to become involved in a church-planting ministry in northern Ontario.
We are a healthy, multi-generational, debt and mortgage-free church, with a membership of 60, and an average Sunday attendance of 100. We are committed to building and equipping disciples through small group and corporate worship. A high percentage of our members and adherents are actively involved in ministry. Approximately 70% were involved in “Bethlehem Live”, our last outreach activity. Calvary Baptist Church is a Christ-centred church, with a vision to impact the community of Killarney, our province, our nation, and the world. More information about our church and its ministries is available at http://www.calvarykillarney.ca/index.html. Information about our community is available at http://www.killarney.ca/.
Responsibilities involved with this position include:
- shepherding the congregation
- preaching and teaching
- encouraging, modeling and promoting outreach
- helping our congregation discover and use their spiritual gifts.
- pastoral care for our church and community
- supporting various leaders and ministries within the church
- collaborating and planning with the Elders Board, Administration Board, Worship Planning Committee, and the Community Ministerial
The ideal match for our church is someone who:
- has sound biblical doctrine
- is a spirit-filled, mature believer with a heart for people of all ages and various backgrounds
- is a strong communicator who motivates and inspires from the pulpit
- is supportive of various ministries (children to seniors)
- has an outgoing personality with a heart for outreach
- is self-motivated and takes initiative
- has the ability to build community
- is a team player with proven leadership ability
Conditions of Employment:
The successful applicant must:
- provide a current criminal record/child abuse registry check
- be in agreement with the BGC of Canada Statement of Faith available at https://www.bgc.ca/about-us/what-we-believe
- be in agreement with Calvary Baptist Church Statement of Faith available at http://www.calvarykillarney.ca/faith.html
- have a Master’s Degree (or less) from a Christian University or College. While we prefer candidates have previous experience and education related to this position, we place much greater weight on God’s gifting and call upon their lives.
Applications can be sent to our Pastoral Search Committee c/o Bryan McAuley at email@example.com, or by mail to Pastoral Search Committee, Box 1517, Killarney MB, R0K 1G0. With your application, please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and how your experience has prepared you for ministry, a resume outlining your qualifications and experience, a sample sermon or a link to one of your sermons, a letter outlining your philosophy of ministry, and names and contact information of at least three references.
This position will remain open until filled.
Salary for this position is in line with the Baptist General Conference of Canada guidelines and based on qualifications and experience of the applicant. As part of the salary and benefits package we also have a manse which is available, although the pastor also has the option of arranging his own housing.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 431-234-3299
Address : Box 1517 Killarney MB, Canada