As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Pastor for English Congregation
Lansdowne Chinese Baptist Church
Website : lcbc.ab.ca
Job Description : PDF FLYER
Full-Time English Ministry Pastor
Lansdowne Chinese Baptist Church (LCBC) is a vibrant, Christ-centered church that meets in Edmonton, Alberta. It is near the university campus and is surrounded by established neighbourhoods and schools. LCBC is a dual-congregational (Mandarin and English totalling 360) church with its English congregation having an average Sunday attendance of 80 from all ages. The English congregation is predominantly made up of English-speaking Chinese people along with other ethnic groups including Caucasians, Filipinos, and Africans. We have a contemporary worship style. Our vision is to reach out to the multi-ethnic neighbourhood and the nearby university community. The vacancy in the pastoral position was a result of the current English pastor moving on after completing ten blessed years of ministry. LCBC is now seeking to fill the position with a pastor who identifies with our vision and statement of faith (lcbc.ab.ca/en/faith.htm), and communicates God’s Word through expository preaching and sound biblical teaching. The pastor will lead a team of lay leaders to develop community and campus outreach. We are looking for a relational pastor who loves God and cares for His people deeply.
- Evangelical church background with sound biblical doctrine
- Calling from God to full-time ministry
- Godly character set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Graduate degree or higher from seminary
- Prior pastoral or church ministry experience in North America
General Job Description
- Report to the Senior Pastor and is responsible to the Board of Deacons
- Provide visionary and spiritual leadership for the English Ministry
- Preach and teach on Sundays and other special worship services
- Provide pastoral care for our church and community
- Develop and disciple lay ministry leaders
- Lead and promote weekly prayer meeting
Please send your application to our Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a resume along with a cover letter.
This position will remain open until filled.
Email : email@example.com