As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Instructor of Persons with Disabilities
Organization : Jenny Tin
250 Ormsby Road East
- Develop individualized education and intervention plans based on special needs of client to facilitate their readaptation, independence and development objectives
- Assess individuals in areas such as physical limitations, orientation and mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers to establish client rehabilitation or adaptation goals
- Assist individuals with physical, intellectual, and visual disabilities or multiple disorders to develop life skills and provide job training
- Instruct individuals with disabilities and their families in the use of rehabilitative techniques, prosthetic devices, wheelchairs and other equipment designed to maximize clients' independence and potential
- Instruct persons with a visual impairment in the use of special equipment or adaptive mobility devices
- Collaborate with specialists, such as rehabilitation counsellors, speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists, to develop programs for clients' special needs
Work setting: Residential/Client's home
Work hours: 44 hours/week including weekends and some evenings.
Work rate: $26.67/hour
- Completion of a college program in special education, rehabilitation, orientation and mobility, visual impairment, hearing impairment or intellectual disability is required.
- A bachelor's degree in special education or a related field such as social work or psychology may be required.
- 2 to less than 3 years related word experience.
- Hydrotherapy trained preferred.
- Behavioral training certification preferred.
- Physically fit to bend, crouch, kneel, and be ready to enter pool.
- Have patience.
Apply By Date: : 08/04/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 7809707606
Address : 250 Ormsby Road East