As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries
Northgate Baptist Church
Website : northgatebaptist.ca
Job Description :
Serve as the main overseer of the junior high, senior high, and young adults groups by modelling a growing Christian life and set the vision for these groups according to the overall church vision, along with youth sponsors and parents.
The community of Northgate Baptist Church exists to bring all people into a reconciled relationship with God, themselves, others, and the world. Our three priorities are spiritual maturity, authentic community, and missional living. We desire to be a church that does God’s work to accomplish His will on earth. As a church, this is what we strive to be. As the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries this will be the focus you will have as an individual and a staff member leading our youth. The desire of Northgate Baptist Church is to have a youth ministry that is pursuing these goals as we go into the future.
As our Youth Pastor, you will serve as the main overseer of the Junior High, Senior High, and Young Adults groups at Northgate Baptist Church. You will model a growing Christian life and set the vision for these groups according to the overall church vision, along with the youth sponsors and parents.
Personal and Spiritual
- Has a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agrees to the Northgate Baptist Church statement of faith and staff covenant.
- Wholeheartedly supports the mission and values of Northgate Baptist Church.
Education and skills
- A vision and passion for ministry to youth and young adults.
- Spiritual gifts and/or natural competencies in:
- Relational skills, administration, delegation, volunteer development and management, communication and adaptability.
- Technical abilities using computer, social networking, data projector, and other equipment used in this ministry.
- Proven experience in working with youth and functioning within a team environment (minimum 2 years)
- Bible College training or degree required.
- Musical ability, worship-leading skills or appreciation is an asset.
Hours and Salary
- Hours may be flexible depending on the candidate however we are hoping for full time.
- Salary consistent with qualifications.
- Facilitate and lead youth ministry that helps them to:
- Grow in spiritual maturity. This is currently done through:
- Wednesday Insight small groups
- Developing a Student Leadership Team
- Youth Retreats and special events (ABA, guest speakers YC, etc.)
- Prayer Ministry
- Build authentic community. This is currently done through:
- Wednesday’s Insight small groups
- Friday Night events
- Youth Retreats and special events
- Live missionally. This is currently done through:
- Friday night outreach events
- Youth Missions trips
- Youth service projects (locally within the community, and within the church), e.g., The Cellar (a local ministry of Youth for Christ)
- Build relationships one-on-one with students and young adults.
- Work with, train, and disciple leaders who will help facilitate and run Northgate Baptist Church Youth Ministries.
- Help develop and oversee the Young Adult Leadership Team (current and future).
- Be involved in other church ministries and programs based on your passions and giftedness in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
- Spend time in study and prayer.
- Keep current of relevant trends and research through regular Professional Development opportunities.
- Be active in inter-church ABA Edmonton Youth Pastors’ meetings.
- Volunteer in the local community of Northgate in some aspect, e.g., The Cellar
- Establish a parent advisory team (unofficial) to provide support, prayer, guidance, feedback, and to be a sounding board for decisions and dealing with concerns, etc. This team is to be chosen by the youth pastor in consultation with pastoral staff.
The Youth Pastor is accountable, first and foremost, to God and His word, secondly to the Lead Pastor, and then to the Board and the membership of Northgate Baptist Church.
The supervisor of this position or their delegate will conduct an annual review.
A search committee will be formed in late March to fill this position at which time this job description may have some minor changes.
Apply By Date: : 30/06/2019
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 780.476.5855
Address : 13208 95 Street NW Edmonton AB T5E 3Y4