As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Lead Pastor, English Congregation
Evangel Baptist Church
Website : evbchurch.com
Job Description : PDF Job Description
Oversee and lead various ministries alongside other pastors ranging from youth ministry to adult ministry
Job Term: 1 Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: Resumes will be accepted until position is filled
Evangel Baptist Church, affiliated with the Canadian National Baptist Convention, consists of three congregations: Cantonese, Mandarin and English. Starting off as a Cantonese Church Plant, it has adapted to the needs of the congregation and the community recognizing the need for an English and then a Mandarin congregation in order to reach the community of all ages that has been continually growing in thepast 20+ years. The English Congregation consists of about 80 attendees from junior high to young families.
The English Lead Pastor is to be the visible, visionary, spiritual leader of the congregation, helping it to accomplish God’s direction, purposes and reasons for being through preaching, teaching, shepherding, developing leaders, training, andexample. The English Lead Pastor will help oversee or lead various ministries alongside other pastors ranging from youth ministry to adult ministry.
1. Live a godly and spirit filled life in accordance with the virtues found in1Timothy 3: 1- 7 and Titus 1: 5-9.
2. Adhere to the values and beliefs including the Constitution and bylaws ofEvangel Baptist Church (EBC).
3. Be able to commute regularly as needed (eg. campus visits, home visitations) and work flexible hours.
4. Seminary or graduate school or pastoral experience preferred
1. Provide spiritual leadership and conduct activities including, but not limited to, leading worship services, biblical preaching, and observing ordinances practiced by the Church.
2. Spend appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in order to ensure quality in personal spiritual life and the ministries of preaching and teaching.Acts 6:4
3. Demonstrate the ability to work well with and lead teams of people, leading by example including encouraging and supporting others.
4. As a servant leader, build a climate of teamwork, accountability, and growth within the EBC family
5. Have a heart for evangelism, missions and outreach and leading members ofthe Church in discipleship to accomplish these goals.
6. Provide the vision for the growth and direction of the EBC English Congregation. Evaluate the congregation's growth and performance and shepherd the congregation to achieve its goals.
7. Develop relationships with other pastors, churches, and Christian ministries inthe community, seeking cooperation when feasible.
8. Look for outreach and service opportunities in the community
● All potential candidates will be screened for potential conflict of interest.
● If selected as a potential candidate, you will be responsible for obtaining a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check (that the church will cover) and provide it, along with your written consent, to the EBC to evaluate the results. If applicable, the EBC, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.) Screening check records will be maintained by the EBCand kept strictly confidential.
● A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the EBC for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled.
How to Apply:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Apply By Date: : 01/01/2020
Email : Evbchurch.email@example.com
Phone : 7804378552
Address : 1204 Ellwood Road SW
Edmonton AB T6X0B2