As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Melville Baptist Church
Website : www.melvillebaptist.com
Job Profile PDF Job Description
Melville Baptist Church is seeking a person of outstanding Christian character to serve as an associate pastor. The associate pastor will value a relationship with Christ above all else and invite others to join him on the journey of discipleship.The successful candidate will disciple youth, connect with youth on their turf and equip others to do the same. Because of the rich variety of gifts that the Holy Spirit gives we expect that the associate pastor will seek to fulfill this mission in a unique way and, as part of the church, will seek the encouragement, help and wisdom of the body. The successful candidate will agree to abide by the North American Baptist Conference Statement of Beliefs and Ministerial Code of Ethics.
The associate pastor will be able to say “follow me as I follow Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1). As education equips pastors to disciple and lead, an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies, Church Ministry, Youth Ministry or another relevant discipline is an asset as is pastoral experience.
- A mature and growing faith
- A firm grasp of Scripture and the ability to teach and preach in a variety of settings
- The faithfulness and patience required to build relationships with youth
- The knowledge to encourage and equip others to impact youth
- An understanding of youth and their cultures
- A desire to understand the unique context of youth in Melville and the surrounding area inorder to better communicate the gospel to them
- A willingness to cooperate with others (families, schools, clubs, etc.) involved in the lives of youth
- The organizational and personal skills required to communicate effectively with others involved in the lives of youth
- The ability to become a member of Melville Baptist Church
- Plan and organize youth ministry including both fun activities and times of study
- Encourage, support and disciple volunteer youth leaders
- Seek to serve the entire congregation according to the gifts and abilities that God has given
- Together with the Sunday School coordinator develop a plan for the Christian education ofyouth in grades 7-12
- Meet regularly with youth outside of church
- Seek to be appropriately involved in the community through activities such as tutoring,coaching, volunteering in schools, etc.
- Recognize that youth are part of the church, help them to build intergenerational relationships and find opportunities to serve both in Melville Baptist Church and in the larger body of Christ
- Cooperate with the youth ministries of Saskatchewan Baptist Association and Good SpiritBible Camp
- Together with the deacons and senior pastor carry responsibility for the pastoral care of the church
- The associate pastor will be supervised by the senior pastor and is accountable to the congregation through the church board.
- Compensation will be in accordance with Saskatchewan Baptist Association guidelines as well as the successful candidate’s experience and needs.
An information package about the church and community is available upon request email@example.com
Those interested are invited to submit a resume with cover letter, references and transcript firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2019.