As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Youth Worker – R. W. Tegler Youth Centre
Hope Mission has a vision that the men, women, youth and children who come to our doors
would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent
in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Hope Mission is a non-denominational Christian inner-city rescue mission based in Edmonton, Alberta. Hope Mission also has branches in Calgary, Red Deer, and Wetaskiwin.
W. Tegler Youth Centre: Serving and uplifting youth through activity, caring mentoring relationships and providing opportunities for youth to be challenged and grow as individuals since 2002.
Job Summary: PDF Job Flyer
As a Youth Worker at the Tegler Youth Centre you will help facilitate personal, social, spiritual and physical growth in youth primarily in grades 6-12 through supportive mentoring relationships and providing quality active after-school programs at the Tegler Youth Centre. The Tegler Youth Centre operates an indoor skatepark, climbing wall, gym, media centre (music & photography) and uses these activities as opportunities to build relationship, inspire personal & spiritual growth and walk alongside youth as they journey through adolescence.
Shifts: Variety of shifts: Monday-Friday (12-8pm), Tuesday-Saturday (12-8 / 11-7pm), Wednesday-Saturday (11am-9pm / 10am-8pm).
As we provide programming and services in the after-school hours, all staff must be available to work evenings and Saturdays.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the operation of the Tegler Youth Centre and its programs
- Develop supportive mentoring relationships with youth
- Build rapport with families, schools and community partners
- Ensure safety of youth at the centre
- Promote positive relationships and choices among youth during drop-in hours
- Responsible for entering & filing forms, and documentation of critical incidents
- Responsible for set up and clean-up of program space
- Responsible for planning, preparing and running skateboarding, sport, and climbing programs, skill development programs, relationship development programs, Youth Church, Bible studies, and special events at the centre
- Provide and serve snacks and meals for children & youth
- Other related tasks and duties as required
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Completion of high school
- Degree or Diploma in Youth Work, Child & Youth Care, or related education an asset
- Experience working with children and youth in an after school setting
- Effective communication, de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run, and play active sports & games with youth
- Full Class 5 Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid and Belay certification not required but an asset
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume and cover letter indicating why they want to work in a Christian ministry to email@example.com