As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director / Minister of Family Ministries
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church
Website : http://www.yorkminsterpark.com/page/132/employment-opportunity--director-minister-of-family-ministri/
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church is recruiting a Director/Minister of Family Ministries to lead the children's and youth programs. Our vision statement and purpose affirms that "we are committed to being a people who love and glorify God as we grow together in Christ, and love our neighbours as we love one another, and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with our world".
As a member of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, Yorkminster Park Baptist Church is a large urban church serving a diverse community.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
JOB SUMMARY: Job Description PDF
The Director/Minister of Family Ministries provides strategic direction, oversight and implementation of a Ministry to children, youth and parents at Yorkminster Park Baptist Church. The position will implement a vision to form families in the Christian faith by providing relevant and contextual programming and teaching in the context of a Family Ministries Team.
The Director/Minister of Family Ministry provides leadership, training, support and oversight to the Family Ministries Team that encompasses volunteer teachers and leaders, two part-time Ministry Assistant staff, and summer interns. The Director/Minister of Family Ministries is responsible for the visioning, development and implementation of programming that nurtures the spiritual formation of children and youth and equips parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The role fosters Christian community through building relationships with families, strengthening ties to the church, and creating an environment where children and youth are kept safe, taken seriously, and where diversity is respected.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Previous experience leading and administering children and youth ministries
- Academic training in education and theology
- A passion for the next generation with an enthusiasm to inspire and encourage children and youth in their lives of faith.
- Musical ability or experience coordinating a worship band is desirable
- Interest in a path toward ordination, if not already ordained is desirable
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Yorkminster Park Baptist Church.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Foster a cooperative and healthy relationship with families, coworkers and volunteers.
- Participate in the overall ministry of the church by being part of the leadership Ministerial team.
- Prayerfully create, implement, and sustain a cohesive vision for ministry to families
- Recruit, oversee, and support volunteers to further the Family Ministries
- Provide supervision, direction, training and nurture professional development for the Children and Youth Ministry Assistants
- Lead planning and implementation of vibrant ministries for young people from infant to Grade 12 with balanced time given to children and youth ministry programming
- Oversee children's Sunday School and other programs such as summer camp(s)
- Evaluate and select teaching materials that will provide a well balanced ministry of Christian Education designed to disciple children and youth in a systematic way. Seek input from the youth on the teaching materials.
- Lead teaching in youth-oriented Doxa service on Sunday morning.
- Coordinate arrangements for adults to occasionally speak at Doxa to share their stories / testimonies
- Lead youth ministry, which includes regular discipleship, connection, mentoring, Friday evening fellowship events and outreach opportunities for youth.
- Help to integrate youth into the main worship service once a month, through service opportunities
- Support parents by providing resources, supporting families in need, and offering parent information nights.
- Occasionally participate in the main worship services and assist in the leadership of several special services.
- Oversee administration such as maintenance of records and attendance for church programs
- Lead and support several special projects (e.g, Bethlehem on Yonge)
- Support development of a young adults (colleges and careers) program
- Provide spiritual and emotional guidance to help children and youth rely on their faith to help them respond to life's challenges
- Build relations with youth through one on one contact and foster an openness to questions and diverse theological views as expressed by our youth
- Facilitate a mentorship program to connect youth with adults in the congregation
- Attend youth retreats (Blizzard and Avalanche)
- Support our parent community (those with children 0-18) pastorally and foster opportunities to equip them and draw them into shared leadership
- Develop social and spiritual linkages among our parent and family community beyond Sunday morning
- Communicate proactively and effectively with our existing families through social media, or other communications platforms
- Intentionally connect to new youth and families at Yorkminster Park to make them feel welcome in our community, and build our profile in the neighbourhood with this demographic
- Communicate regularly with the youth through social media or other communications platforms
- Network with other youth pastors in the city
SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication and networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children, youth and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Proficiency in the use of technology and willingness to use social media
- Ability to adapt with ease to changing environments.
- Energetic person who can take initiative, handle administration, and work independently, while also getting excited about relationship-building and collaborating with a strong team
- Motivator to build an environment where people are motivated to do their best.
- Project Management skills to initiate, plan, execute, control and close the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific criteria
- Project solver to address problems by generating solutions
- Reports to two liaisons on the Deacon's Board and the Minister of the Congregation and regularly updates and consults with the Board of Christian Education
- Coordinates planning and strategy with the Board of Christian Education
- Works closely with the Minister of Discipleship to strengthen the whole family in their spiritual life.
- Works with all areas of ministries at Yorkminster Park Baptist Church
The Director/Minister of Family Ministries will develop an annual plan with input from the Board of Christian Education and for approval by the two liaisons on the Board of Deacons and the Minister of the Congregation. Regular meetings will be held with both the ministry team and the Board of Deacons to review activities and plans.
The Minister of the Congregation and representatives from the Board of Deacons and Christian Education Board will perform an annual performance evaluation based on the approved annual program plan.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com
or mailed to:
Attention: Director of Operations
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church
1585 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON, M4T 1Z9
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.