As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Martin Baptist Church
Job Description : MBC Job Packet PDF
Martin Baptist Church has been without a full time pastor for nearly three years. During this time, we have seen God’s hand at work. Under the leadership of our interim pastor, we have witnessed many individuals begin to use and develop their spiritual gifts within the church. In addition, several young couples with small children have begun attending our services. This has greatly expanded our children’s ministry to which we are very excited and grateful for. Our children’s ministry includes Sunday School, Children’s Church and an annual VBS program. Many of these children also attend one of two AWANA programs in the area and several members of our congregation are involved in these two ministries. We are patiently and prayerfully seeking the man God would have to come alongside of us to Shepherd our rural congregation.
- Spend time on personal reading, research, prayer and meditation in order to live, preach, and teach according to MBC’s core values, mission, and vision statements
- Maintain a minimum of 15 office hours per week agreed upon by the diaconate, and posted for the congregation
- Lead Sunday morning service including announcements, prayer time, and preaching as well as conduct communion, baptism, weddings, funerals, baby dedications, etc.
- Be available to the needs of the congregation such as visiting the sick, elderly, shut-ins, and nursing home residents within and from our congregation
- Shepherd the congregation to do the work of Christ, provide leadership development and encouragement for church leaders, and be involved with and a supporter of church Bible studies, weekly prayer groups, and Sunday school
- Perform administrative duties such as responding to emails, answering phone calls, staying connected with supported missionaries and NAB contacts, prepare and print bulletins, collect and sort church mail, provide quarterly mileage report to church treasurer, develop and maintain church website
- Connect with the local area residents through community involvement and cooperate with other local churches in appropriate efforts to witness (Food Pantry, Nursing HomeServices)
- Submit a written annual report to the diaconate and church board detailing your workand goals in the above areas
- When appropriate, turn off lights, adjust thermostat, and lock building
- Mow lawn, remove snow, and maintain parsonage yard
- Notify Trustees of any issues within the parsonage in a timely matter
- Attend NAB association and pastoral cluster meetings
- Be present at Board and committee meetings (Church Board, CE Board, Missions Committee, and Nominating Committee)
Preferences for a Pastor
- Age: No age preference. He must be a Bible believing, committed man of God who is willing to submit his life to the Lord and lead his congregation in love. He should also have a heart for missions and evangelism.
- Education: College graduate, with some years of Bible based evangelical training. We are willing to interact with our next pastor regarding continuing education. He does not need to be a NAB affiliate, but we desire to continue to remain involved and supportive to our denominational family and partner with them.
- Advanced Education Expenses: negotiable
- Wages: $40 - $50K plus housing provided.
- Medical Coverage: Negotiable. We understand healthcare coverage is a costly and necessary expense. As of now, we do not offer any healthcare coverage, but are considering potential cost sharing options in the future.
Apply By Date: 02/08/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 7016936080