As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Oakbank Baptist Church
Oakbank, Manitoba, Canada
Website : www.oakbankbaptist.org
Job Description : Job Description PDF Flyer
Oakbank Baptist Church is a friendly, midsized congregation located in the growing community of Oakbank, Manitoba (roughly 20 kilometers east of Winnipeg). We are currently looking for a Senior Pastor who will help to lead us in becoming a church that passionately reaches out and connects with those in the Rural Municipality of Springfield. We have an active and growing Children’s and Student Ministry, as well as a regular outreach to a local Senior’s home. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about teaching scripture, working with teams, and developing leaders.
Oakbank Baptist Church is affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference.
Key Ministry Expectations:
- An absolute commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant word of God.
- An absolute commitment to preaching and teaching in a way which clearly communicates God’s word and reveals the person of Jesus Christ.
- Able to model and teach godliness and Christian commitment.
- Able to attentively provide pastoral care to, and counsel the congregation, noticing and responding to those in need.
- A commitment to both personal and corporate prayer.
- A proven track record of working with the church leadership and establishing a direction and focus for the church.
- Be discerning of what God is calling us to do as a church in the community, so that the lost will be saved.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the church and provide an overall direction and supervision to the staff.
- A commitment to the ongoing development and training of leaders.
- Participation in scheduled meetings with the church board, committee of deacons, etc.
- Prepare for worship services in consultation with committee of deacons.
- Represent the church at local and regional ministerial association meetings and pastor/denominational conferences.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms and child dedications as requested within church policy.
- The suitable candidate will display the character, conduct and competence as found in 1Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1Peter 5:1-9.
- We are seeking a full-time pastor who is ordained or qualified for ordination, with education recognized by the North American Baptist Conference.
- The suitable candidate shall be in agreement with the Oakbank Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith, the NAB Statement of Faith, The NAB Code of Ministerial Ethics, the OBC Constitution, as well as the OBC Church Covenant (https://qv142m45yvbz4fj3hldolknu-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/NAB-Statement-of-Beliefs-Affirmation-of-Marriage-Ethics-Statement.pdf).
Resumes with current references will be accepted and can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only applicants given serious consideration will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to Oakbank or the surrounding community.
Apply By Date: 30/06/2019
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 2044443348
Address : Box 4003, RR #1
Oakbank, MB R0E 1J3