As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Brooks Evangelical Free Church
Website : http://www.brooksefc.com
Job Description : Job PDF Flyer
The Brooks Evangelical Free Church is currently seeking a lead pastor with gifts in teaching and
preaching, coaching and mentoring, servant-leadership and strategizing. As the shepherd of the
church you must display a high level of emotional intelligence, be a positive influencer of people,
relationship-oriented and personable, while understanding yourself very well.
LEAD PASTOR PROFILE
Our lead pastor is ultimately appointed by God and his life must reflect a love for the Lord.
He must be committed to a life of prayer and the study of God’s word and show a deep desire to share his faith.
As outlined in 1 Timothy 3, our shepherd must lead with integrity, honesty, moral wisdom and self-control. He must be a man of honour who is devoted to the bride of Christ, the church.
Our lead pastor will be
......a preacher and teacher of God’s word. Someone who will use their ability to communicate biblical truth to the congregation; presenting a clear message of salvation and urging them to act upon this scriptural teaching in their daily lives
.....an influencer. An extrovert who possesses good self-management skills and intentionally develops meaningful relationships marked by care, empathy and understanding. You will use your excellent communication and social skills to connect with congregants, visitors and people within the community of Brooks
.....a servant-leader. Communicating, planning and implementing the Brooks Evangelical Free Church vision and strategic plan created by the church body. Fulfilling this vision as directed by the Holy Spirit, the congregation, board and staff.
Preaching and Teaching
- Will preach the Word of God “As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority.” (EFCC Statement of Faith)
- Will develop and manage the preaching schedule
- Will be governed by prayer and scripture in sermon preparation
- Will oversee the development of small group leaders
- Will work closely with the staff, elders, board and volunteers to create an enjoyable worship atmosphere on Sunday mornings
Influencing and Communicating
- Will be an effective communicator with people of all ages and cultures, in groups of all sizes.
- Will display strong interpersonal skills, listening skills and emotional intelligence; knowing yourself well.
- Will passionately communicate the BEFC vision, motivating people to fulfill the vision of the church with unity
- Will be the primary staff contact with new and visiting families
- Will regularly visit all adherents of the church
- Will work to foster an attitude of outreach within the church, living his life as an example of this
- Will empower others in their leadership, working alongside staff, elders and ministry team leaders; mentoring, equipping, empowering and encouraging
- Will be a leader of leaders and the pivotal spiritual leader of BEFC
- Will mentor all other staff of the church to ensure excellence in ministry, to maintain a healthy team environment and to challenge each staff member to develop their full potential in ministry
- Will conduct and lead weekly staff meetings
- Will oversee business decisions for the ministries of the church, along with the church board
- Will work alongside the elders in all matters of leadership, coaching them and regularly evaluating the ministries of the church and their progress
- Will conduct annual performance reviews of all ministry and office staff
- Will mobilize the church to fulfill their vision
- Devoted to a life of faith in Jesus Christ and all that entails
- A skilled communicator, demonstrating high emotional intelligence in relationships
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited theological institute
- Church leadership experience in a multiple staff church
- Agree with the EFCC Statement of Faith and be willing to be credentialed by the Evangelical Free Church of Canada
If you feel called to be our lead pastor, please send your application to Pam Dyck, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
- A cover letter expressing why you are interested and how your experience has prepared you for this ministry
- Your comprehensive resume
- Your faith story and philosophy of ministry
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply By Date: : 30/03/2019
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 4033762990
Address : 625 8 Street West