As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Connections & Worship Pastor
Calvary Baptist Church
Drayton Valley, AB
Website : www.calvarybaptistdv.ca
Job Description :
Title of Job: Connections & Worship Pastor
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- commit to a consistent time of personal devotion
- deal with issues that need strengthening in your relationship with God
- maintain good relationships with others
- Be personally committed to life-long learning
- read for growth in your chosen area of ministry and for personal enjoyment
- attend seminars and conferences in your area of ministry as you are able and as the church resources permit
- participate as you are able in continuing your education
- Participate as an active team member with the staff and lay leadership in vision casting and implementation for the whole church
- a) attend weekly staff meetings
- b) contribute ideas and insights into creating effective ministries, particularly as they relate to your area of responsibility and their impact on the whole church
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Worship ministries, which includes leading worship, developing worship teams, equipping and training vocalists, musicians and sound and media technicians who will be able to lead the church in giving glory to God through music.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Connections Ministries, which includes, integrating newcomers, outreach events, overseeing specific small groups (e.g. youth, young adults, or where needed) and fellowship activities. Connections is about ensuring everyone is being discipled, which means they need to be connected in community and be discipled.
- Participate as opportunity arises in District and National events i.e. attend camps, conferences, and seminars
- Provide pastoral care for those under the staff member’s direct supervision as opportunity arises and time permits.
- All staff are expected to cheerfully help out wherever needed either by their own initiative or as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- To work together with the Lead Pastor and the rest of the staff and volunteers in implementing the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of the church.
- Provide leadership to the music and worship ministries of Calvary Baptist Church by leading teams, recruiting volunteers, training musicians, empowering leaders, and all other related duties required to assist our congregation in bringing glory to God and experiencing personal transformation through worship.
- Provide leadership to the connections ministries of the church by designing ministry, organizing activities, leading teams, recruiting & training volunteers, and empowering leaders to help foster Christian community and spiritual health within our congregation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must hold a strong evangelical faith commitment and perspective
- Must hold to a doctrinal statement which is compatible with the BGCC Affirmation of Faith.
- Preferred candidate will be able to hold credentials with the BGCC
- Must possess demonstrated leadership skills and be able to mentor others into leadership
- Preferred candidate will possess excellent musical skills, including voice, instrument(s), song selection, etc.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with individuals, small groups, and large gatherings, including preaching as required.
- Must be able to handle multiple ongoing projects and assignments
- Must be able to use technology effectively for ministry purposes
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
- Must be able to obtain a criminal record check that is without offence
- Must be able to work with the public
- Must be able to work with both paid staff and volunteers
- Must possess a valid vehicle operator’s licence at all times.
Education and Experience
- A strong Christian background, which includes serving in ministry leadership roles.
- It is preferred that the candidate will possess an undergraduate diploma, degree or equivalent in related religious, theological, or musical studies.
- A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader for large gatherings.
- Preferred candidate will have experience and training in musical theory and instruments, and an ability to read musical arrangements.
- Experience working in related fields is an asset.
- Should be able to perform tasks which require some lifting and carrying of light equipment as necessary for setting up and dismantling meeting rooms, projection and sound equipment, or other such equipment.
- Should be able to maintain the pre-determined work schedule, which will involve some evenings and regular weekend work.
- Must be able to commute to appointments outside of the church building to meet with staff and volunteers.
The Connections & Worship Pastor will be required to work in an office setting, go on appointments outside the office, attend and lead meetings with small or large groups, and carry out their duties in whatever setting may require them to do so.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work to be done by the Connections & Worship Pastor. However, this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. It is expected that the Connections & Worship Pastor will seek growth and learning opportunities beyond simply the responsibilities mentioned above.
Apply By Date: : 31/03/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 780-542-4774
Address : 4401 - 50 Avenue
Drayton Valley, AB