As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Women's Support Worker
Hope Mission Edmonton, AB
Job Description :
Job Title: Wellspring Intake worker
Reports to: Program Manager
Hours of Work: 8 hours - 3:30-11:30p (Sunday to Thursday)
Location: 9908-106 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth, and children who we serve would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Intake worker will liaison directly with client as a critical initial contact person and will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationship with clients and house policies at Wellspring Program.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Build positive team community.
- Debrief with Wellspring staff
- Maintain and relay accurate information to staff members and clients
- Problem-solve together
- Assist Hope Mission aftercare facilities, if necessary.
- Maintain and lock med cabinet
- Communicate and document medications with Myros Pharmacy, as required.
Ensure safety of residents and staff
- Regular checks of rooms and facility
- Random drug and alcohol testing
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain radio communication to keep other staff and facilities informed.
- Use nonviolent crisis intervention strategies and first aid, when necessary.
Complete intake and admission of new clients
- Welcome and support new clients
- Process bags
- Complete paperwork
- Tour of facility and introductions
- Assisting in bed-board and data base for accurate registration on Efforts to Outcome (ETO).
Support women in recovery
- Build rapport with clients through active listening, counseling and prayer.
- Assist in program delivery as required.
- Supervision of client chores
- Ensuring clients are following house policies
- Distributing warnings when house policies are broken
- Enter client related information into Efforts to Outcome (ETO) for and admissions, intake process.
- Degree in Social Sciences/Nursing/Pastoral or other related field.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Possesses strong analytical skills and decision ability
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituents.
- Able to lead, manage and mentor a small team.
- Working knowledge of ETO is an asset
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Programs
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter why you want to work for a Christian ministry and how God has called you to work with those in addiction and crisis.
Apply By Date: 01/02/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 780-422-2018 ext. 327