As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Family Ministries Director
New Life Community Church
Stony Plain, AB
Website : www.newlifechurchstonyplain.org
This job has been re-submitted with a new PDF Job Description.
New Life Community Church (NLCC) in Stony Plain, Alberta is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our team and provide spiritual leadership to the families in our church and to unchurched families throughout Parkland County. The position will start at 30 hours (¾ full-time) and has the potential to increase as the ministry grows. This position will require an individual who is well organized, highly relational and willing to become a part of the New Life church family as a member.
At New Life we have a great desire to “Follow God in making disciples who love and live forJesus” and families are a priority in our mission statement. A significant component of this job is to equip and develop people to partner in the work of ministry. This person will: give oversight to nursery, children, youth, and family ministries; initiate discipleship processes and techniques and develop strategies that will engage families within and outside the church walls.
If this speaks to who you are and what God is calling you to, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
New Life Community Church began in 2005 and has grown to an average Sunday attendance of 110 with 150 adherents and a current membership of 60. Our new facility was completed in 2016 and has been used effectively for community outreach and various church events and services. The founding Pastor retired in 2015 prior to the completion of the new building at which time the NewLife family hired its first full-time Pastor to commence work in the new facility in October of 2016.New Life Community Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada (emcc.ca) and is located in the heart of downtown Stony Plain. Our vision is to be a spiritual hospital to the broken hearted in our community, focused on growing in God’s word, becoming Christ-like in nature and reaching people for Jesus.
For more about who we are and a link to the Tri-Municipal Region websites, check out our church homepage: newlifechurchstonyplain.org
The primary role of the Family Ministries Director is to love, equip and disciple families at NewLife Community Church and within Parkland County to partner in the work of ministry.
- Committed, mature follower of Jesus Christ, with evidence of Christian character and lifestyle
- Has a healthy personal family life
- Be willing to become a member and support the mission, vision and values of NLCC
- Experience in working with children, youth and families in a paid (or volunteer) ministry
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Biblical studies or related education(New or pending graduates will also be considered)
- Passionate about children and families knowing Jesus
- Possesses leadership skills, be a team player and must have exemplary people skills
- Organized self-starter, demonstrate verbal and written communication skills
- Successful reference and background check
- NLCC Family Ministries:
- Inspire, encourage, equip and disciple children, youth and parents in following Jesus
- Coordinate, supervise and encourage ministry programs and activities
- Outreach Family Ministries: To provide leadership to NLCC in serving and engaging families in our community and in our circles of influence.
- Miscellaneous: Participation in other NLCC Ministries as appropriate.
1. NLCC Family Ministries: (approximately 60% of job responsibility)
- Lead in the development of a Christ-focused, Bible-based discipleship focus for children, youth and families at NLCC
- Provide regular learning, connecting and discipleship opportunities for families at NLCC, i.e. small groups, seminars, videos, workshops, etc.
- Help foster an extended family atmosphere where people of all ages are valued and contribute
- Oversee Children and Youth Sunday School and Nursery programs including curriculum and volunteer management
- Support and administer the NLCC Child Safe Policy (Plan to Protect)
- Oversee child resources at NLCC, i.e. books, DVDs, music, toys and related items
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning and organizing special events for families and individuals
- Participate and contribute in Worship Services, with special emphasis on children and family needs
2. Outreach Family Ministries: (approximately 20% of job responsibility)
- Examples of outreach: DVBS or summer camps, Children's Club Program i.e. soccer, cadets, gymnastics, extra-curricular school programs, Community events, Family Oriented Social Media Posts, Newspaper features, Daycares, before and after school care
- Provide creative and hands-on leadership to events, programs and ministries that connect and serve families in the surrounding community
- Follow-up with children and families who visit NLCC services or events
- Liaise with schools and other community organizations
3. Other Ministry Responsibilities: (approximately 20% of job responsibility)
- Regular weekly meetings with Senior Pastor and other staff
- Participation in NLCC Worship services
- Participation in other NLCC events as appropriate (i.e. Prayer hour, small groups, etc.)
Salary and Benefits:
This is a 30 hour (¾-fulltime) position with a salary range commensurate with experience and with benefits including, vacation pay, mileage and cell phone allowance. There is also a health package available through the EMCC,which includes medical insurance, dental, life insurance and RRSP pension plan.
Although we hope to fill this as a 30 hour (¾ full-time) position, there is also potential to structure the responsibilities to fit the schedule of the right person who might be bi-vocational.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the “Apply” button on our website posting under “Jobs”.
Apply By Date: : 31/1/2019