As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Part-time youth pastor
Zion Baptist Church of Kensington (Society)
11908 132 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
JOB DESCRIPTION: PDF Job description
Zion Baptist is a small, vibrant, multi-generational and multi-cultural faith community. We are starting a new Visioning process and are keen to see the direction our church will be headed. In consultation with the Council and Senior Pastor, the Youth Pastor or Worker in this part-time position of 10 to 15 hours per week, will oversee our youth program. Also, dependent on his or her gifts, will either develop new opportunities to reach our community or expand our ministry in music.
- Youth Leadership
- Lead weekly youth meetings or events
- Train the youth in Scripture and leadership
- Music Leadership
- Train youth in music, if so talented
- Assist in leading worship at times, and training youth to become leaders
- Community Involvement
- Work with community organizations to broaden our footprint
- Develop ideas to bring the community into fellowship with our church family
- Participation in Sunday morning worship services
- Spiritual maturity
- Highly relational with youth
- Musical ability would be an asset
- Education: Completed or enrolled in a degree program from a recognized theological college
- Experience: Prior volunteer experience, youth or church leadership preferred
HOURS PER WEEK:
10 - 15 hours
Will be commensurate with training and experience; to be fairly negotiated according to the compensation guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Apply By Date: 30/04/2019
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 780-454-1347
Address : 11908 132 Avenue, Edmonton, AB