As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Church Engagement Lead
Food for the Hungry Canada
Website : www.fhcanada.org
Job Description : Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. on behalf of Food for the Hungry Canada (Abbotsford, BC). PDF of JOB OPPORTUNITY PROFILE
Church Engagement Lead
Food for the Hungry Canada (FHC) is a Christian charity with a mission: to end poverty worldwide. They confront this challenge by partnering with communities facing various, often unique, obstacles and address their situation with integrated and targeted programs covering a full-spectrum of sectors, including education, finance, agriculture, sanitation, health and nutrition, and gender equality.
The Church Engagement Lead (CEL), reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Public Engagement, will play a key role in building strategic alliances with churches across Canada, expanding FHC’s connections into Catholic and all Protestant congregations. The objective is to become key partners with these church groups, acting in service to them and their missions’ goals. In advancing toward FHC’s goal to end poverty, the CEL is expected to increase donations five-fold by 2021, spend at least 40% of his/her time interacting with church-goers and their leaders, and actively participate in the FH national and regional conferences.
- Introduces church leaders and denominational leaders to FH’s partnership opportunities.
- Develops a team of church catalyst leaders across Canada.
- Leads vision trips for church leaders to see partner communities.
- Creates a plan for each partner church that will serve as a foundational communication plan for each church on the caseload. Faithfully, and on a timely basis, executes that plan so that churches on the caseload are stewarded well.
- Works with the FH sales team, program staff and communications department to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers and proposals that will be used with churches to secure pledges and report back on how their giving and community visits are making a difference.
- Tracks church partnership activity and performance goals.
- Serves current church partners.
- Builds new church partnerships.
- Creates a personal contact and partnership proposal for potential church partners that takes into account the church’s passions, interests, motivations, giving patterns and preferences. Executes this plan in a timely and cost-effective manner which results in the retention of churches.
- Reports back to churches on how their giving made a difference using materials, information and reports generated by program and communication staff.
- Manages people, processes, deadlines and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of FH.
- Gets along with peers, subordinates and management and maintains a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems. Known as a team player and protects the mission, goals and values of the organization.
- Attends weekly FH Open Book Sessions (virtually).
- Spends time physically at Head Office quarterly.
- Travels internationally in order to facilitate church partners’ FH field experiences.
- Travels domestically to build and steward relationships.
- Five to ten years’ experience in church ministry leadership (preferred).
- Seminary or other post-secondary education (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good at multitasking, prioritizing and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable presenting in churches, boardrooms and one-on-one interactions with a diverse mix of supporters.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Speed, accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Listens effectively and emphatically; interested in people and has the social skills to back it up.
- Comfortable with using computers. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Calendar) as well as contact management systems (e.g. Netsuite or Salesforce).
- Experience with international development or non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Genuinely positive, optimistic, and approachable; a sense of humour goes a long way.
- Values relationships and community.
- Understands that his/her success is FH’s success.
- Comfortable and confident to lead services for church partners.
- Professional, cordial, and punctual.
- Proactive and assertive problem-solver; motivated to own the role.
- Confident yet teachable and open to feedback.
- Able to work from a home office.
- Flexible: sometimes schedules and job descriptions need to get adjusted to get things done; not attracted to a 9-5 workday.
- Driven by results and committed to FH’s goals but aware that money is a result of great relationships, not an objective.
- Alignment with Food for the Hungry values.
If you love God’s people and want to help them to become committed to a global, mission mindset while crushing the crippling effects of poverty then this is the role for you.
Further information on Food for the Hungry Canada can be found at www.fhcanada.org
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact:
Larry Nelson and Mark Kraft at email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto.
Apply By Date: : 31/10/2018