As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Athletic Director/Sport Management Program Coordinator
Three Hills, AB Canada
Website : www.prairie.edu
Job Description : PDF FLYER
Athletic Director/ Sport Management Program Coordinator
Hours: Full time.
Wage: To scale with benefits.
Beginning date: As immediately as possible
Contact: Marion Greene
Email: Please submit your CV to email@example.com
This position exists to support the mission of Prairie to “train and mentor Christians through biblically integrated post-secondary education” by providing excellent, relevant and primary leadership in athletics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General responsibilities include but are not limited to those noted below. The description may be adjusted according to the experience, skills and passions of the successful applicant.
- Athletics Director (leadership of all athletics at Prairie)
- Lead the philosophy and practice of athletics, consistent with Prairie’s mission.
- Champion health, athletics and sport ministry for all students/staff.
- Develop positive partnering relationships to advance athletics/sport.
- Implement sport camps program.
- Design opportunities for varsity and intramural sport involvement by students.
- Staff athletics positions.
- Manage athletics budget.
- Coach one varsity team.
- Sport Management program coordinator (leadership of the academic program - http://www.prairie.edu/sport)
- Provide vision, direction and oversight.
- Teaching program specific courses.
- Articulate and communicate the vision, goals and outcomes.
- Review the currency and quality of the program and course offerings.
- Recruit and retain students (in partnership with the Director of Admissions).
- Advocate for and market the program both on and off-campus, including website (in partnership with the Director of Marketing).
- Design and manage curriculum (in partnership with the Dean of Education).
- Advise, mentor and disciple students. The Program Coordinator is the academic advisor for all students in the program. The Program Coordinator should meet with each student in his/her program at least annually.
- Participate in the Graduation Candidature interview process.
- Facilitate program assemblies and other collegial events.
- Facilitate collaborative and cooperative relationships with other departments, programs and personnel of Prairie.
- Foster positive partnering relationships with external organizations.
- Connect students with quality industry professionals for training and career opportunities.
- Budget proposal, administration and priorities.
- Development and oversight of student practicums/internships, especially focused on international opportunities.
- Mission: Knowledge of and enthusiastic commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and community covenant.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Education: Preference of a graduate degree in a relevant discipline, minimum NCCP Level 1 coaching certification.
- Experience: Significant experience in sport/athletic ministry, evidence of administrative and leadership experience.
- English Language: Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including composition and grammar.
- Character: Observable and contagious love for God, self-initiative, maturity of Christian character, team attitude, loyalty to organization and people, missional.
- Relational Competency: Ability to work in collegial partnership with a variety of groups, able to communicate clearly and effectively, experience and ability in building team relationships, ability and skill to relate well to college-age students..
- Skills: Passion and ability to equip students for ministry, able to provide leadership through integrity rather than authority, competence and integrity in the management of finances, ability to plan, implement and evaluate initiatives, administrative ability, teaching skills in a post-secondary classroom setting.
Reports to the Dean of Education/Student Development.
In accordance with the standards of the government, preference will be given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are a permanent residence of Canada.
Prairie’s goal is to complete as soon as a qualified applicant is found. However, applications will be received until the position has been filled by a qualified person.
Apply By Date: : 01/01/2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (403) 443-5511
Address : Prairie College
PO Box 4000
Three Hills, AB T0M 2N0