As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Finance, Taylor College and Seminary (Edmonton, AB)
Position Summary – Full Time
Reporting to the President, the Director of Finance will be hands on in accounting and finance including the accurate and timely entry, tracking and reporting of financial data, and payroll and benefit administration.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage employee, operating, consultant, and equipment lease contracts
• Risk management, primarily insurance coverage, internal control
• Member of President’s Advisory Council and resource person to the Board of Trustees
• Member of team preparation of annual budgets
• Review and approve monthly and annual financial reports.
• Monitor cash flow and investments
• Liaise with auditors regarding annual audits and regulatory compliance
• Prepare financial statements, and other reporting
• Manage banking and reconcile bank accounts and maintain cash flows
• Manage and process accounts payable, accounts receivable, and student accounts
• Administer and process payroll, and administer benefit programs
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CPA)
- Demonstrated experience in financial and administrative management, ideally in the post-secondary or not-for-profit sectors
- Experience and knowledge in the compliance needs of an educational institution related to provincial and federal requirements, (WCB, CRA, etc.)
- Good oral and written communication and people skills
- Resourceful in setting priorities and proposing efficiencies
- Computer literate, proficient in MS Office suite
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
To Apply for This Position
Interested candidates are asked to forward their résumé together with covering letter to the President, Dr. David Williams, at email@example.com. Review of applications is ongoing. This search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Taylor College and Seminary offers seminary and lay theological education. Additional comprehensive information, including the Statement of Faith to which employees must agree, is found here on our website.
View, print or save the PDF version of this emplyment posting here:
Director of Finance, Taylor Seminary