Taylor COVID-19 Response
As you are no doubt aware, things are changing daily in terms of Alberta Health Services protocols for the COVID-19 virus, particularly with regard to post-secondary institutions. In keeping with this, please note the following:
- With COVID-19, the seminary has moved all courses online and effective Tuesday, March 24th, the campus and general office will be closed to the public. These changes will remain in effect until further notice. Questions may be directed to the seminary by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by phone at (780) 431-5200. Voice mail messages will be checked regularly by the office administrator who will forward those messages to the appropriate people. In case of emergency, call security at (780) 913-2240.
- NB: Two of the May one week modular courses will be offered via livestreaming (PL633 and PC632).
- Change to Course PT540 (Spiritual Formation) – This class, originally scheduled to be held at Camp Caroline, has now been reconfigured into a synchronous online course from May 4-8 inclusive. For those students who wish to take this class in a retreat format, it is currently scheduled for the 2021 Winter semester (May 9-13, 2021 at Camp Caroline).
- As mentioned last week, inter-library loans within the NEOS consortium of physical resources (e.g., books) are not available at this time. The following protocol has been clarified with Karina Dunn, librarian of the Taylor/Vanguard College library holdings:
- Vanguard College Library hours – effective March 23, the library will be available to students by appointment only. Contact Karina Dunn at https://appoint.ly/t/library to book a time. Library hours are 9 am-3pm Monday-Friday (Email: email@example.com; phone: 780-452-0808).
- The due date of items signed out at present as well as future shipments from Taylor/Vanguard is May 30. Items may be returned to the Vanguard College library.
- To order electronic copies (PDF) of essays in edited books or book chapters through the NEOS system, go to Google Scholar and copy the complete citation information of that book/resource, then email firstname.lastname@example.org. Karina will request the digital copy if it is available within NEOS, and once received, will send the PDF via return email.
- The Graduation ceremony scheduled for May 2nd will be postponed until further notice. We are looking at ways to celebrate our grads at a later date.