- Last Updated: 19 April 2013
Diploma in TESOL Studies (One-Year)
1. Competence to teach English to speakers of other languages to a variety of ability and in a diversity of contexts.
2. An appreciation for cultural diversity
3. A basic understanding of the Bible.
4. Commitment to the Church's worldwide mission of gospel proclamation discipleship and social change.
Bible (6 credits)
NT 416 New Testament Introduction 3
OT 417 Old Testament Introduction 3
Church Mission and Ministry (3 credits)
one of the following two courses: 3
PC 431 Personal Development and Ministry
PT 540 Spiritual Formation
TESOL (15 credits)
TSL 411 Applied Linguistics I 3
TSL 412 Second Language Acquisition 3
TSL 413 Applied Linguistics II 3
TSL 414 Methods and Material in TESOL 3
TSL 415 TESOL Practicum I 1
TSL 416 TESOL Practicum II 2
Total Credits 24
If you would like more information about this program, please feel free to submit a Request for Information or speak to an admissions counsellor at 431-5200 (local) or 1 (800) 567-4988.