Building Healthy Church Staffs
Are you part of a church staff? Are you wondering what part you can play in making your staff a stronger team? If so, we invite you to join us for this training day on maximizing team dynamics.
This workshop will focus on how to leverage the strengths of every member of your church staff so as to maximize your team's impact in service of your church body. Come either as an individual or as a complete ministry team (pastors, directors, administrative staff). It's a day that will prove to be valuable for any church or organization!
Invitation to Building Healthy Church Staffs 2017
1. Understanding “Team”:
- Typologies for Healthy Team Dynamics
(Dr. Ralph Korner, E P Wahl Centre)
2. Understanding Team Dynamics:
- Insight Inventory: Personal Application
- Insight Inventory: Application within Staff Cohorts
(Heather Breitkreuz, E P Wahl Centre)
3. Maximizing Team Diversity:
- Sticking together: Practical Guidance for Intergenerational Ministry Teams
(Rev. Dr. Cory Seibel, Central Baptist Church; Connors Hill Point Pastor)
4. Interconnecting Team Roles:
- Leading from the First Chair, Second Chair and Big Chair;
- Role Variations between the First Chair, Second Chair and Big Chair
(Rev. Dennis Gulley, Leduc Fellowship Church)
REGISTRATION OPENS SOON!
Take advantage of the group rate available; this event is ideal for ministry teams to experience together! Also, note that lunch is included with your registration, as is the cost of the INSIGHT Inventory®.
Cost: $75.00 per person / $300.00 Group Rate (up to six team members); additional $75.00 per person for more than six people.
Healthy Churches is an initiative of the E P Wahl Centre at Taylor Seminary, a continuing education initiative addressing the educational needs of the church.
More information on Crucial Conversation events coming soon...
View Information on Past Events
The E P Wahl Centre at Taylor Seminary is excited to announce the launch of the Parish Nursing Institute, an initiative that we believe has tremendous potential to serve those who work in this area of compassionate care through the local church. We invite you to join us for the first 8-day training course being offered June 23-30, 2017.
With the encouragement and participation of the Alberta Association of Parish Nurses, the Parish Nursing Institute was formed in response to a need among the profession for training and certification. Directing the team is Dr. Joyce Bellous, who led a similar program at McMaster Divinity College in Hamilton, ON that graduated more than 200 nurses in a decade. Dr. Bellous’ experienced leadership is attracting world-class presenters for June’s course.
Sessions will cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Introduction to Parish Nursing Theory
- Theological Reflection
- Spiritual Assessment and Pastoral Care
- Healing and Worldview
- Biblical Perspective on Suffering and Healing
- Healing in the Christian Tradition
- Developing Rituals of Healing and Healing Services
- Legal Issues
- Mental Health Issues
- The Parish Nurse as a Teacher
- Setting Up a Parish Nursing Practice
- Working with Pastors and Volunteers
- The Parish Nurse as a Referral Agent
- …and more.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Bellous at Joyce.Bellous@taylor-edu.ca or by calling
We look forward to beginning this new initiative with you!