Research and Writing Seminar
Presented by the faculty of Taylor Seminary.
In the video posted above, Taylor Seminary (Edmonton, AB) presents a tutorial that is an essential guide to research and writing for our students. Many of the guidelines and suggestions here will be invaluable to any post-secondary student who is seeking to eliminate costly errors and missed opportunities that negatively affect GPA.
- What is the best way to get started?
- How do you organize your paper?
- What are the characteristics of Argumentative Research Papers, Historical Research Papers, and Exegesis Papers?
- What are research suggestions and guidelines?
- What about including quotes from others in a paper, and how does one avoid a damaging charge of plagiarism?
- What are the essentials of research writing, in terms of style, grammar, footnotes, bibliographies, etc.
- What are Syd's Top Ten Writing Errors to Avoid?
(Based on insights from the long career of Professor Emeritus Dr. Syd Page, the final item on that list will surely include some clarity for everyone on common writing challenges.)
As a student, this hour-long presentation may be one of the best uses of your time you will find, and we think many viewers will find it worth watching more than once.
Why Choose Taylor Seminary?
Welcome to Taylor Seminary, where faith and learning come together to build the leaders of tomorrow!
God has a plan for you -- and a wonderful plan for your mind, and for the gifts he has given you. At Taylor Seminary, we seek to prepare you for the ministry He has called you to; we are here to give you the tools you need to engage society with the transforming message of Jesus Christ.
Our stated purpose is to develop Christ-minded leaders who make a difference in the world. As our president, Dr. David Williams says, the most important part of that mission statement is not the word "leaders", but the words "Christ-minded".
When you consider Taylor Seminary, you are preparing yourself to embrace the doctrine of Jesus Christ in a warm, inclusive environment of strong educational and social support. You'll also be studying with caring, highly-competant professors, and you'll be in class with a vibrant student body from various denominational and national backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Taylor Seminary!
The Taylor Seminary Student Assocation (TSSA) presents The Annual Syndney Awards