REGISTRATION 2014 – 2015
Greetings from the Registrar’s Office!
1. REGISTRATION. You must complete your Registration Form in full. You should meet with your faculty advisor for course selection guidance before you register. Your Faculty Advisor’s signature is required before the registration is processed.
- Registration Forms are available on-line RegistrationForm_2014-2015.pdf Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
- Completed Registration Forms (including your Faculty Advisor’s signature) can be submitted at the General Office, e-mailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , or faxed to 780-436-9416.
- Your student account must be paid in full before you can be registered.
2. ADD/DROP. Once you are registered, changes can be made by adding or dropping course(s) until the ADD/DROP deadline. You must complete and submit a Course ADD/DROP Form. Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s). This form is available on the seminary website ADD-DROP_2013-02.pdf Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of "F" in the course(s).
DEADLINE for the Fall 2014 Semester is Friday, September 12th, 2014!
- To withdraw from a course after the ADD/DROP deadline (after Sept. 12, 2014), you must complete and submit the Course Withdrawal Form, available at the General Office.
- To withdraw from your program during the course of a semester, you must complete and submit the Notification of Withdrawal Form. This form is available through the General Office. Failure to do so could result in being charged for the course(s) and receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s). Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of "F" in the course(s).
4. PROGRAM CHANGE. To change your program, you must complete and submit the Program Change Form. This form is available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
5. REQUEST FOR AN INCOMPLETE. The Academic Committee must receive a completed Request for an Incomplete Form from the student on or before the last day of classes of the semester. No requests will be considered after this date. The Academic Committee will notify the student of their decision. This form is available through the General Office and on the website IncompleteRequestForm2014.pdf.
6. 2014-2015 CATALOGUE. All important dates have been listed by semester on pages 4 and 5 of the 2013-2014 Catalogue, available on-line at TaylorSeminaryCatalogue2014-2015.pdf or at the front foyer beside the General Office. Registration, Fees, and Academic policies are outlined in the Catalogue. Next to your Bible, this is a student’s best friend!
7. TIMETABLE AND COURSE SYLLABI. The timetable and course syllabi are posted on the Taylor Seminary website http://www.taylor-edu.ca/seminary/student-info/registrar-s-office/syllabi and the Academic Bulletin Board as soon as they are available. Please note that the timetable for the Spring 2014 Session are subject to change.
8. STUDENT SCHEDULES. Students are responsible for their course selection. Your Faculty Advisor may be helpful in giving advice and guidance. NOTE: Your Student Schedule is a confirmation of registration. When any changes are made to a student’s schedule (ADD/DROP course/s) during the academic year an updated student schedule will be emailed directly to the student. It is vital that the Registrar’s Office has your current, active email address.
9. FULL-TIME STUDENT STATUS. Students taking nine (9) or more credits per semester are considered full-time students. When calculating full-time status, courses taken in the January 2014 Intersession are added to courses taken in the Fall 2013 semester and courses taken in the Spring 2014 Session are added to the Winter 2014 semester.
10. REGISTRAR’S OFFICE. For your convenience, check out the Taylor Seminary website www.taylor-edu.ca and you will find important information and forms in the “Student Links” section. Registrations and requests are processed in order by date of submission. For registrations and requests, appropriate forms must be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person, PDF document via e-mail, fax, or mail. Forms with missing information will not be processed until all required information is received. Verbal requests and e-mail messages are not considered to be formal requests.
Messages can be left at the Registrar’s Office: (780) 431-5208
For an appointment with the Registrar, available office hours are:
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Have a blessed year!
This Course List is sorted by COURSE NAME. To view a list that is sorted by COURSE CODE, visit the SYLLABI LIST here.
FALL SEMESTER (begins Sept. 2, 2014)
|Applied Cultural Anthropology||MI 637A||Joost Pikkert||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Biblical Hermeneutics||BI 412||Jerry Shepherd||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||Sept 29-Oct 3|
|Christian Apologetics||TH 634||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Christian Worship||PW 631||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Church History to 1500||CH 420||Randal Rauser||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Evangelism and Church Planting||MI 545||Allan Effa||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||Fall|
|Greek and Hebrew Tools||BI 514||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Sept. 29 - Oct. 3|
|Intro to Preaching||PW 431||Lyle Buyer||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|MA Research Paper Proposal||MA 651||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||1||Fall|
|Old Testament Introduction||OT 417||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Pastoral Internships and Field Ed||FE 442-446||Willy Muller||Online||Online||1||Fall|
|Personal Development and Ministry||PC 431||Joyce Bellous and Ken Bellous||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Practica and ICS Internships||PR 442-444||Allan Effa||Online
|Systematic Theology I||TH 531||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Theology of Community||SF 522||Len Thompson||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
JANUARY INTERSESSION, January 6-17, 2014
(For the purposes of Student Financial Aid, Intersession is considered to be part of the Fall Semester.)
|Creation & Covenant:
Book of Genesis
|OT 643||Tyler Williams||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Jan.12-16|
|Petrine Epistles||NT 512||Syd Page||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Jan. 5-9|
>WINTER SEMESTER (begins January 21, 2014)
|Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching||PW 538||Lyle Buyer||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|NT 520||J K||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Educational Task of the Church, The||CE 532||Joyce Bellous||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
with World Religions
|WR 523||Joost Pikkert||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Christian Worldview||TH 534||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Church History Since 1500||CH 422||Randal Rauser||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Essentials of Pastoral Care||SF 513||Len Thompson||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Integral Mission||MI 432||Allan Effa||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Internships||FE 442-446||Willy Muller||Online||Online||1||Winter|
|MA Research Paper||MA 652||Allan Effa||Online||Taylor||3||Winter|
|NT Introduction||Syd Page||Semester||Taylor||3||Mar 31 - Apr 4|
|Pentecostal History||FE 442-446||V J||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|PR 442, 443, 444 and ICS Internships||Allan Effa||Online||Online||1||Winter|
|Spiritual Formation||PT 540||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Mar 30 - Apr 4|
|Systematic Theology II||TH 532||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|SPRING SESSION, May 4 - May 29, 2014
(For the purposes of Student Financial Aid, Intersession is considered to be part of the Winter Semester.)
|Applied Linguistics||TSL 411||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 4-8|
|Applied Linguistics II||TSL 413||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 19-22|
|Christian Ethics||TH 526||David Williams||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 5-9|
|Essentials of Christian Leadership||PL 633||Jim Leverette||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 12-16|
|Global Mission Tour||MI 546||Allan Effa||Mod/Hybrid||Spain||3||May 11-25|
|Methods and Materials||TSL 414||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 25-29|
|Practicum I & II||TSL 415 & 416||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||1 (415) 2 (416)||June-July|
|Second Language Acquisition||TSL 412||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 11-15|
Taylor Seminary Syllabi for
Fall 2014 and Winter 2015
Click on the Course Name to view the Course Syllabus.
Note: Not all syllabi will be posted here; if no link is provided, contact the professor or Enrolment Services for more information. Clicking the link will open the syllabus as a a PDF.
Click here for the updated TIMETABLE.
The following list is sorted by COURSE CODE; click here to view a course list sorted by COURSE NAME.
These syllabi are subject to revision until the first day of class;
check back here for the most recent version.
FALL SEMESTER 2014
|Biblical Hermeneutics||BI 412||JS||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||Sept 29-Oct 3
|Greek and Hebrew Tools||BI 514||JS||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Church History to 1500||CH 420||RR||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Pentecostal History||CH 525||VJ||Modular||Vanguard||3||Oct. 20-24, 2014|
|Pastoral Internships and FE 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 532||FE 442-446||WM||Online||Online||1||Fall|
| MA Research Paper Propsal
|| MA 651
|Evangelism & Church Planting||MI 545||AE||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||Sept 29-Oct 3
|Applied Cultural Anthropology||MI 637A||JP||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Old Testament Introduction||OT 417||JS||Semster||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Personal Development & Ministry||PC 431||JB, KB
|PR 442, 443, 444 and ICS Internships|| PR 442-444
|Intro. to Preaching UPDATED||PW 431||LB
|Theology of Community||SF 522||LT
|Christian Apologetics UPDATED|| TH 634
|Systematic Theology I UPDATED||TH 531||RR||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|JANUARY INTERSESSION, January, 2015|
|Note: January Intersession is considered to be part of the Fall Term for the purpose of calculating Financial Aid eligibility.|
|Revelation|| NT 617
||SP||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3|| Jan 5-9
| Creation & Covenant:
Book of Genesis
|OT 643||TW||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3|| Jan 12-16
WINTER SEMESTER 2015
|The Educational Task of the Church||CE 532||JB||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Church History Since 1500||CH 422||RR||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Internships 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, and IN 532 (short) IN 532 (long)|| FE 442-446
|Integral Mission||MI 432||AE||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|MA Research Paper||MA 653||AE||Online||Online||2||Winter|
|NT Introduction||NT 416||SP||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Biblical Theology of Luke-Acts||NT 520||JK||Semester||Vanguard||3||Winter|
|Essentials of Pastoral Care||PC 531||LT||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|PR 442, 443, 444 and ICS Internships|| PR 442-444
|Spiritual Formation||PT 540||AE||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|The Art & Craft of Biblical Preaching||PW 538||LB||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Systematic Theology II||TH 532||RR||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Christian Worldview||TH 534||RR||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Christian Encounter with World Religions||WR 523||KH||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|SPRING SESSION, May, 2015|
|Note: Spring Session is considered to be part of the Winter Term for the purpose of calculating Financial Aid eligibility.|
|Internships 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, and IN 532 (short) / IN 532 (long)|| FE 442-446
|Global Mission Study Tour||MI 546||AE||Mod/Hybrid||SPAIN||3||May 11-25|
|Christian Ethics||TH 526||DW||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||May 4-8|
|Essentials of Christian Leadership||PL 633||JL / TF||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||May 11-15|
|Applied Linguistics||TSL 411||JP||Mod/Hybrid||Vanguard||3||May 4-8|
|Second Language Acquisition||TSL 412||SG||Mod/Hybrid||Vanguard||3||May 11-15|
|Applied Linguistics II||TSL 413||JM||Mod/Hybrid||Vanguard||3||May 19-22|
|Methods & Materials||TSL 414||PC||Mod/Hybrid||Vanguard||3||May 19-22|
|Practicum I & II||TSL 415 & 416||PC||Mod/Hybrid||Vanguard|| 1 (415)
|TESOL Practicum||TSL 417||PC||Mod/Hybrid||Vanguard||3||May 26-Aug 9|
AE - Dr. Allan Effa
DW - Dr. David Williams
JB - Dr. Joyce Bellous
JK - Jonathan Kienzler
JL - Dr. Jim Leverette
JM - Jordan McEwan
JP - Dr. Joost Pikkert
JS - Dr. Jerry Shepherd
KB - Dr. Ken Bellous
KH - Keir Hammer
LB - Dr. Lyle Buyer
LT - Prof. Len Thompson
PC - Paul Chugg
RR - Dr. Randal Rauser
SG - Sara Gnida
SP - Dr. Syd Page
TF - Dr. Terry Fossen
TW - Prof. Tyler Williams
VJ - Van Johnson
WM - Dr. Willy Muller
Additional Documents for Vanguard Taylor Language Institute (VTLI) Courses:
Additional Documents for Field Ed: