REGISTRATION 2014 – 2015
Greetings from the Registrar’s Office!
1. REGISTRATION. You must complete your Registration Form in full. You should meet with your faculty advisor for course selection guidance before you register. Your Faculty Advisor’s signature is required before the registration is processed.
- Registration Forms are available on-line RegistrationForm_2014-2015.pdf Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
- Completed Registration Forms (including your Faculty Advisor’s signature) can be submitted at the General Office, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , or faxed to 780-436-9416.
- Your student account must be paid in full before you can be registered.
2. ADD/DROP. Once you are registered, changes can be made by adding or dropping course(s) until the ADD/DROP deadline. You must complete and submit a Course ADD/DROP Form. Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s). This form is available on the seminary website ADD-DROP_2013-02.pdf Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of "F" in the course(s).
DEADLINE for the Fall 2014 Semester is Friday, September 12th, 2014!
- To withdraw from a course after the ADD/DROP deadline (after Sept. 12, 2014), you must complete and submit the Course Withdrawal Form, available at the General Office.
- To withdraw from your program during the course of a semester, you must complete and submit the Notification of Withdrawal Form. This form is available through the General Office. Failure to do so could result in being charged for the course(s) and receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s). Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of "F" in the course(s).
4. PROGRAM CHANGE. To change your program, you must complete and submit the Program Change Form. This form is available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
5. REQUEST FOR AN INCOMPLETE. The Academic Committee must receive a completed Request for an Incomplete Form from the student on or before the last day of classes of the semester. No requests will be considered after this date. The Academic Committee will notify the student of their decision. This form is available through the General Office and on the website IncompleteRequestForm2014.pdf.
6. 2014-2015 CATALOGUE. All important dates have been listed by semester on pages 4 and 5 of the 2013-2014 Catalogue, available on-line at TaylorSeminaryCatalogue2014-2015.pdf or at the front foyer beside the General Office. Registration, Fees, and Academic policies are outlined in the Catalogue. Next to your Bible, this is a student’s best friend!
7. TIMETABLE AND COURSE SYLLABI. The timetable and course syllabi are posted on the Taylor Seminary website http://www.taylor-edu.ca/seminary/student-info/registrar-s-office/syllabi and the Academic Bulletin Board as soon as they are available. Please note that the timetable for the Spring 2014 Session are subject to change.
8. STUDENT SCHEDULES. Students are responsible for their course selection. Your Faculty Advisor may be helpful in giving advice and guidance. NOTE: Your Student Schedule is a confirmation of registration. When any changes are made to a student’s schedule (ADD/DROP course/s) during the academic year an updated student schedule will be emailed directly to the student. It is vital that the Registrar’s Office has your current, active email address.
9. FULL-TIME STUDENT STATUS. Students taking nine (9) or more credits per semester are considered full-time students. When calculating full-time status, courses taken in the January 2014 Intersession are added to courses taken in the Fall 2013 semester and courses taken in the Spring 2014 Session are added to the Winter 2014 semester.
10. REGISTRAR’S OFFICE. For your convenience, check out the Taylor Seminary website www.taylor-edu.ca and you will find important information and forms in the “Student Links” section. Registrations and requests are processed in order by date of submission. For registrations and requests, appropriate forms must be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person, PDF document via e-mail, fax, or mail. Forms with missing information will not be processed until all required information is received. Verbal requests and e-mail messages are not considered to be formal requests.
Messages can be left at the Registrar’s Office: (780) 431-5208
For an appointment with the Registrar, available office hours are:
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Have a blessed year!
This Course List is sorted by COURSE NAME. To view a list that is sorted by COURSE CODE, visit the SYLLABI LIST here.
FALL SEMESTER (begins Sept. 2, 2014)
|Applied Cultural Anthropology||MI 637A||Joost Pikkert||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Biblical Hermeneutics||BI 412||Jerry Shepherd||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||Sept 29-Oct 3|
|Christian Apologetics||TH 634||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Christian Worship||PW 631||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Church History to 1500||CH 420||Randal Rauser||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Evangelism and Church Planting||MI 545||Allan Effa||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||Fall|
|Greek and Hebrew Tools||BI 514||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Sept. 29 - Oct. 3|
|Intro to Preaching||PW 431||Lyle Buyer||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|MA Research Paper Proposal||MA 651||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||1||Fall|
|Old Testament Introduction||OT 417||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Pastoral Internships and Field Ed||FE 442-446||Willy Muller||Online||Online||1||Fall|
|Personal Development and Ministry||PC 431||Joyce Bellous and Ken Bellous||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Practica and ICS Internships||PR 442-444||Allan Effa||Online
|Systematic Theology I||TH 531||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Theology of Community||SF 522||Len Thompson||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
JANUARY INTERSESSION, January 6-17, 2014
(For the purposes of Student Financial Aid, Intersession is considered to be part of the Fall Semester.)
|Creation & Covenant:
Book of Genesis
|OT 643||Tyler Williams||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Jan.12-16|
|Petrine Epistles||NT 512||Syd Page||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Jan. 5-9|
>WINTER SEMESTER (begins January 21, 2014)
|Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching||PW 538||Lyle Buyer||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|NT 520||J K||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Educational Task of the Church, The||CE 532||Joyce Bellous||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
with World Religions
|WR 523||Joost Pikkert||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Christian Worldview||TH 534||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Church History Since 1500||CH 422||Randal Rauser||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Essentials of Pastoral Care||SF 513||Len Thompson||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Integral Mission||MI 432||Allan Effa||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Internships||FE 442-446||Willy Muller||Online||Online||1||Winter|
|MA Research Paper||MA 652||Allan Effa||Online||Taylor||3||Winter|
|NT Introduction||Syd Page||Semester||Taylor||3||Mar 31 - Apr 4|
|Pentecostal History||FE 442-446||V J||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|PR 442, 443, 444 and ICS Internships||Allan Effa||Online||Online||1||Winter|
|Spiritual Formation||PT 540||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Mar 30 - Apr 4|
|Systematic Theology II||TH 532||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|SPRING SESSION, May 4 - May 29, 2014
(For the purposes of Student Financial Aid, Intersession is considered to be part of the Winter Semester.)
|Applied Linguistics||TSL 411||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 4-8|
|Applied Linguistics II||TSL 413||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 19-22|
|Christian Ethics||TH 526||David Williams||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 5-9|
|Essentials of Christian Leadership||PL 633||Jim Leverette||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 12-16|
|Global Mission Tour||MI 546||Allan Effa||Mod/Hybrid||Spain||3||May 11-25|
|Methods and Materials||TSL 414||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 25-29|
|Practicum I & II||TSL 415 & 416||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||1 (415) 2 (416)||June-July|
|Second Language Acquisition||TSL 412||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 11-15|
Come Celebrate with the Graduating Class of 2014!
May 4 Graduation Exercises 3 pm at West Meadows Baptist Church
Everyone is welcome to attend the Graduation Ceremony for the Class of 2014. Nineteen students will graduate this year, and three students will receive graduate certificates; this is the biggest graduating class at Taylor Seminary in four years.
The theme of Grad this year, as chosen by this 34th graduating class, is Taste and See; the reference comes from the 34th Psalm: "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." The featured speaker this year will be Dr. Terry LeBlanc, director of My People International.
The ceremony will take place at West Meadows Baptist Church, on 199 Street in Edmonton, just north of 87 Avenue. The ceremony begins at 3 PM, and people should be seated by 2:50 PM. Following the ceremony, the Taylor Alumni Association will host a reception in the foyer of the church, offering light refreshments.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
West Meadows Baptist Church (9333 199 St NW, Edmonton, AB)