This Course List is sorted by COURSE NAME. To view a list that is sorted by COURSE CODE, visit the SYLLABI LIST here.
FALL SEMESTER (begins Sept. 3, 2013)
|Applied Cultural Anthropology||MI 547 (sub)||Joost Pikkert||Semester||Vanguard||3||Fall|
|Biblical Hermeneutics||BI 412||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Christian Encounter w/ World Religions||WR 523||Joost Pikkert||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Christian Ethics||TH 526||David Williams||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Church History to 1500||CH 420||Randal Rauser||Online||Online||3||Fall|
|Educational Task of the Church||CE 532||Joost Pikkert||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Essentials of Christian Leadership||PL 633||Jim Leverette / Terry Fossen||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Sept. 30 - Oct. 4|
|Essentials of Pastoral Care||PC 531||Len Thompson||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Evangelism and Church Planting||MI 545||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Gospel and Culture||MI 639||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Internships||FE 442-446||Willy Muller||Online||Online||1||Fall|
|Introduction to Preaching||PW 431||Lyle Buyer||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
|Introduction to Old Testament||OT 417||Jerry Shepherd||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Nov. 4-8|
|Introduction to Old Testament||OT 417||Jerry Shepherd||Mod/Hybrid||Med. Hat||3||TBA|
|Orientation to Internship||IN 531||Joost Pikkert||Online||Online||1||Fall|
|Personal Development and Ministry||PC 431||Willy Muller/??||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Nov. 4-8|
|Systematic Theology||TH 531||Randal Rauser||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Sept. 30 - Oct. 4|
|Worship in Ancient Israel||OT 517||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Fall|
JANUARY INTERSESSION, January 6-17, 2014
(For the purposes of Student Financial Aid, Intersession is considered to be part of the Fall Semester.)
|Christian Worship||PW 631||Allan Effa||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Jan. 6-10|
|Petrine Epistles||NT 512||Syd Page||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||Jan. 13-17|
>WINTER SEMESTER (begins January 21, 2014)
|Biblical Elective||TBA||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Grande Prairie||3||Winter|
|Christian Apologetics||TH 634||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Christian Worldview||TH 534||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Church History Since 1500||CH 422||Randal Rauser||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Developing Christian Social Ministries||MI 540||Joost Pikkert||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Ezekiel||OT 515||Jerry Shepherd||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Grounded in Scripture and Prayer||SF 513||Len Thompson||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Healing Mission of the Church||MI 543||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Greek and Hebrew Tools||BI 514||Jerry Shepherd||Online||Online||3||Winter|
|Integral Mission||MI 432||Allan Effa||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Intercultural Communication||MI 534||Joost Pikkert||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Internships||FE 442-446||Willy Muller||Online||Online||1||Winter|
|Motifs in Biblical Theology||BI 512||Jerry Shepherd||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|Systematic Theology II||TH 532||Randal Rauser||Semester||Taylor||3||Winter|
|SPRING SESSION, May 5 - May 30, 2014
(For the purposes of Student Financial Aid, Intersession is considered to be part of the Winter Semester.)
|Applied Linguistics||TSL 411||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 5-9|
|Applied Linguistics II||TSL 413||TBA||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 12-16|
|Global Mission Tour||MI 546||Joost Pikkert||Mod/Hybrid||TBA||3||TBA|
|1 Corinthians||NT 513A||Ed Stuckey||Mod/Hybrid||TBA||3||TBA|
|Methods and Materials||TSL 414||??||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 26-30|
|Narrative Preaching||PW 639||Lyle Buyer||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||May 12-16|
|New Testament Introduction||NT 416||Syd Page||Mod/Hybrid||Taylor||3||May 5-9|
|Practicum I & II||TSL 415 & 416||??||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||1 (415) 2 (416)||June-July|
|Second Language Acquisition||TSL 412||??||Mod/Hybrid||Edmonton||3||May 20-23|
|Spiritual Formation||PT 540||Allan Effa||Mod/Hybrid||Retreat||3||March 30 -Apr. 4|
The Taylor Seminary Student Assocation (TSSA) presents The Annual Syndney Awards
REGISTRATION 2013 – 2014
Greetings from the Registrar’s Office!
1. REGISTRATION. You must complete your Registration Form in full. It is strongly recommended that you meet with your faculty advisor for course selection guidance. Your Faculty Advisor’s signature is required before the registration is processed.
a. Registration Forms are available on-line (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/taylor/pdf/RegistrationForm2013-2014.pdf) Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
c. Your student account must also be paid up in full before you can be registered.
2. ADD/DROP. Once you are registered, changes can be made by adding or dropping course(s) until the ADD/DROP deadline. You must complete and submit a Course Add/Drop Form. Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s). This form is available on the seminary website (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/taylor/pdf/ADD-DROP_2013-02.pdf) Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
>> DEADLINE for the Fall 2013 Semester is Friday, September 13th, 2013!
>> DEADLINE for the Winter 2014 Semester is Friday, January 31st, 2014!
3. WITHDRAWAL. To withdraw from your program, you must complete and submit the Notification of Withdrawal Form. This form is available through the General Office. Failure to do so could result in being charged for the course(s) and receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s).
4. PROGRAM CHANGE. To change your program, you must complete and submit the Program Change Form. This form is available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
5. REQUEST FOR AN INCOMPLETE. The Academic Committee must receive a completed Request for an Incomplete Form from the student via the Registrar’s Office on or before the last day of classes of the semester. No requests will be considered after this date. The Academic Committee will notify the student of their decision. This form is available through the General Office.
6. 2013-2014 CATALOGUE. All important dates have been listed by semester on pages 4 and 5 of the 2013-2014 Catalogue, available on-line here (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/taylor/pdf/TaylorSeminary_Catalog2013-14.pdf) or at the front foyer beside the General Office. Registration, Fees, and Academic policies are outlined in the Catalogue. Next to your Bible, this is your new best friend.
7. COURSE LISTINGS, TIMETABLE, AND COURSE SYLLABI. Course listings, timetables, and course syllabi are posted on the Taylor Seminary Website here (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/seminary/student-info/registrar-s-office) and the Academic Bulletin Board as soon as they are available. Please note that the timetables for January 2014 Intersession and Spring 2014 Session are subject to change.
8. STUDENT SCHEDULES. Student Schedules are mailed to all registered students in mid-August along with other information. Students are ultimately responsible for their course selection. Your Faculty Advisor may be helpful in giving advice and guidance. NOTE: Your Student Schedule is a confirmation of registration. When any changes are made to a student’s schedule (Add/Drop Course(s)) during the academic year an updated student schedule will be emailed directly to the student. It is vital that the Registrar’s Office has your current, active email address.
9. FULL-TIME STUDENT STATUS. Students taking nine (9) or more credits per semester are considered full-time students. When calculating full-time status, courses taken in the January 2014 Intersession are added to courses taken in the Fall 2013 semester and courses taken in the Spring 2014 Session are added to the Winter 2014 semester.
10. REGISTRAR'S OFFICE. For your convenience, check out the REGISTRAR page on the Taylor Seminary website for important information and updates. Registrations and requests are processed in order by date of submission. For registrations and requests, appropriate forms must be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person, PDF document via e-mail, fax, or mail. Forms with missing information will not be processed until all required information is received. Verbal requests and e-mail messages are not considered to be formal requests.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact:
Janine Cooper, Registry Clerk (
Messages can be left at the Registrar’s Office: (780) 431-5208
For an appointment with the Registrar, available office hours are:
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Have a blessed year!
Su Jin Chong, Registrar
Why Choose Taylor Seminary?
Welcome to Taylor Seminary, where faith and learning come together to build the leaders of tomorrow!
God has a plan for you -- and a wonderful plan for your mind, and for the gifts he has given you. At Taylor Seminary, we seek to prepare you for the ministry He has called you to; we are here to give you the tools you need to engage society with the transforming message of Jesus Christ.
Our stated purpose is to develop Christ-minded leaders who make a difference in the world. As our president, Dr. David Williams says, the most important part of that mission statement is not the word "leaders", but the words "Christ-minded".
When you consider Taylor Seminary, you are preparing yourself to embrace the doctrine of Jesus Christ in a warm, inclusive environment of strong educational and social support. You'll also be studying with caring, highly-competant professors, and you'll be in class with a vibrant student body from various denominational and national backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Taylor Seminary!