Taylor College and Seminary is a member of the NEOS library consortium, which facilitates access to library holdings. The members are government, hospital, college and university libraries throughout Alberta, and our students have access to millions of books and journals, and can browse these collections and order titles online, and can pick up and drop off their books at Taylor or at another NEOS location.
Access the NEOS system through the links below; your Taylor library card and your PIN are all you need.
NEOS Collection Search Page - Click Here (opens in a new window)
Vanguard Library Home Page (search for books via the NEOS link, and search online databases via the EBSCO link on this page)
NOTE: As of 2011, Taylor shares library services with Vanguard College. Students can order books online for fast, free delivery to the Taylor General Office, and are also welcome to browse the Schalm Memorial Library Collection in person at Vanguard:
12140 103rd Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Click on the Vanguard Library Home Page for current hours.
Search Tips for NEOS (PDF)
Online Database Search
NEOS Direct Search - Select Delivery to Taylor
If you are on the Taylor campus and experience difficulty with the links above, try connecting with the links below and ask your advisor or the Taylor webmaster for instructions.
ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
Bibliography of Native North Americans
CINAHL® Plus with Full Text
SocINDEX with Full Text
Wilson Omnifile Full Text
If you have trouble connecting, try the links below.
PROQUEST (click here)
CBCA Complete (Canadian Business and Current Affairs Complete)
GALE CENGAGE (click here)
History Resource Center
Literature Resource Center
Alternate Access Options
For students who have not been able to connect to these online databases using the links above, try connecting through the following:
Connect directly to the database of your choice from the list below. (You may be asked for a user name and password, available to current students from the Taylor office.)
TAYLOR COLLEGE AND SEMINARY
ARTICLE REQUEST FORM DISCLAIMER
The following Article Request Form is a tool for Taylor College and Seminary faculty, staff and students only! If you do not match these categories, then your request will not be processed.
- This tool is for requesting journal articles only. To request a book outside of NEOS, please see the Taylor Library staff.
- Allow an average of 5 business days for requests to be filled. Once Taylor library staff have made the request from the owning library, he/she does not have any control over how efficient that library can fill the request.
- All fields are required. Requests may not be processed if this information is not provided. If certain pieces of information are not able to be located, then please write N/A (Not available).
- Filling out this form does not guarantee that the request will be filled. It depends on the availability from the owning library
- Please check your Taylor email regularly for all notifications regarding your request, whether it be that it has arrived, it is not available, or that the library staff requires more information before being able to process.