Taylor Conservatory of Music Instruments and classes available
- Evelyn Grieger teaches beginner piano to RCM grade 6 on Mondays. She specializes in theory, history and harmony for RCM exams. Evelyn is also accepting private choral conducting students.
- Yoana Kyurkchieva is accepting new students on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Carol Mellors teaches all levels of piano, theory and piano pedagogy on Wednesdays.
- Andrew Sims teaches all levels of piano.
- Tyson Oatway is accepting students in all styles of guitar (classical, rock 'n roll, jazz) and theory on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Dorie Gold teaches all levels of flute and beginner recorder. She is accepting new students on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Amy Kao teaches all levels of violin and is accepting new students on Saturdays.
- Leslie Mahr teaches all levels of violin and viola on Wednesdays.
- Leanne Maitland teaches beginner and intermediate violin and all levels of viola. She is accepting new students on Tuesdays.
- Kate Svrcek teaches all levels and styles of music for the violin. She is accepting new students on Mondays and Fridays.
For more information about classes or the availablilty of any of our instructors, please contact Conservatory Director Leslie Mahr.
Tyson Oatway (B. Music, BA) Guitar
Classical guitarist Tyson Oatway has a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and a Bachelor of Music degree (Distinction) from the University of Alberta. He is currently completing his Master of Music degree in performance. His teaching experience includes private lessons to students of all ages and abilities. As a Teaching Assistant at the U of A, Tyson taught a first year theory tutorial and assisted in grading and proctoring for a course in Western Art Music. He has participated in masterclasses with Pavel Steidl, the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, the Edmonton Early Music Society and the Edmonton Classical Guitar Society.
Tyson is accepting students in all styles of guitar (classical, rock 'n roll, jazz) and theory on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Kate Svrcek (B. Music, B. Ed) Violin
Alberta native Kate Svrcek began violin lessons at the age of five. She attended McGill University where she received her Bachelor of Music degree under the tutelage of Richard Roberts. Ms. Svrcek attended the Meadowmount School of Music in upstate New York on two occasions, where she studied with Sally Thomas. Her former teachers include Tom Johnson, Thomas Williams and Ann Setzer. Ms. Svrcek recently obtained an after degree in Education from the University of Alberta.
Kate is an avid performer with the Edmonton Symphony, the Alberta Baroque Ensemble and the Citadel Theatre, as well as with several quartets and ensembles throughout the city.
Kate teaches all levels of violin and is currently accepting new students on Mondays and Fridays.