Alena Sianko (B. Mus) Cello
Alena Sianko received her Bachelor of Music degree in cello performance from the Belarus State Academy of Music in Minsk. She has performed with the Belarus State Philharmonic and the Belarus Symphony Orchestra. Alena has taught private cello lessons in Canada and Belarus.
She is accepting new students on Thursdays.
Amy Kao (B. Mus) Violin
Violinist Amy Kao began her studies in Taiwan at the age of seven. She later moved to Edmonton where she studied with Dr. Guillaume Tardiff, Dr. Aaron Au and Frank Ho. Currently she is working with Broderyck Olson. Amy graduated with a Bachelor of Music degree in violin performance in 2009. She is an experienced orchestral and chamber musician. Ms. Kao performs regularly with Opera Nuova and the Taylor String Quartet.
Amy is taking new students on Saturdays for the Fall of 2014.
Taylor Conservatory of Music Instruments and classes available
- Clarijane Belliones is accepting new students on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. She teaches both classical piano and piano for church worship services.
- Evelyn Grieger teaches beginner piano to RCM grade 6 on Mondays. She specializes in theory, history and harmony for RCM exams.
- Yoana Kyurkchieva is accepting new students on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Carol Mellors teaches all levels of piano, theory and piano pedagogy on Wednesdays.
- Andrew Sims teaches all levels of piano.
- Tyson Oatway is accepting students in all styles of guitar (classical, rock 'n roll, jazz) and theory on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Dorie Gold teaches all levels of flute and beginner recorder. She is accepting new students on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Amy Kao teaches all levels of violin and is accepting new students on Saturdays.
- Leslie Mahr teaches all levels of violin and viola on Wednesdays.
- Leanne Dammann Maitland teaches beginner and intermediate violin and all levels of viola. She is accepting new students on Tuesdays.
- Kate Svrcek teaches all levels and styles of music for the violin. She is accepting new students on Mondays.
For more information about classes or the availablilty of any of our instructors, please contact Conservatory Director Leslie Mahr.
Tyson Oatway (B. Music, BA) Guitar
Classical guitarist Tyson Oatway has a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and a Bachelor of Music degree (Distinction) from the University of Alberta. He is currently completing his Master of Music degree in performance. His teaching experience includes private lessons to students of all ages and abilities. As a Teaching Assistant at the U of A, Tyson taught a first year theory tutorial and assisted in grading and proctoring for a course in Western Art Music. He has participated in masterclasses with Pavel Steidl, the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, the Edmonton Early Music Society and the Edmonton Classical Guitar Society.
Tyson is accepting students in all styles of guitar (classical, rock 'n roll, jazz) and theory on Thursdays and Fridays.